• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were these bought from us?
Trying to figure out if they were one-wash or raw.

I got them off of Fleabay and they were listed as unsanforized. They were cold soaked by the seller so the measurements shrunk down a bit. Either way, I've already received them and they fit perfectly. I was mainly worried that they would've been so tight that getting them off would've been problematic, luckily, they fit me and I now know they'll stretch out a bit more as they get worn. love the texture of these jeans

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart 633n & 301n Jeans, Primaloft Jacket, & Maroon Flannels

We've just received some new Iron Heart jeans, shirts, and jackets to keep you toasty. We've taken their new 17oz natural indigo organic cotton denim and made a small run of jeans using the 633 (straight tapered) and 301 (slim tapered) fits.

Along with the new jeans we've received their most advanced outerwear jacket to date. This new black jacket is made with Primaloft Gold quilted insulation and a Pertex shield making this jacket lightweight, warm, and waterproof.

We've also receive a new Ultra-Heavy Flannel in a new maroon/cream color.

All these items along with a full restock of Iron Heart socks, jeans, denim jackets, and vests are available now at all Self Edge stores.

http://www.selfedge.com/iron-heart

IH_JACKET_BLK_01-682x1022.jpg

IH_JACKET_BLK_16-1022x682.jpg

IH_JACKET_BLK_11-1022x682.jpg

IH_JACKET_BLK_14-1025x682.jpg

IHSH_RED_01-682x1022.jpg

IHSH_RED_05-1022x682.jpg

IH_633N_01-682x1022.jpg

IH_633N_05-1022x682.jpg

IH-301N_01-682x1022.jpg

IH-301N_07-1023x683.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kia, I enjoyed your comments in the book AMETORA. Great reading about Japans post war history with US style and how it applied to Ivy and denim. Thank god for the Japanese showing the world how to make quality denim.

Thank you, glad you liked the book The writer did an absolutely perfect job in the research states of this book to make sure every detail is included. He's going to start publishing outtakes from the book on a blog shortly.

I read it as well. It was a fascinating read. Not surprised at all to see the author's research led to you Kiya. Did you know him (Marx) beforehand?

I absolutely LOVED the chapter on Vintage & Replica. It read like a Ludlum thriller with the Japanese buyers combing middle America's forgotten department stores and thrift shops. Secrecy and bribery (w/Godiva chocolates in one case) were tools of the trade used to gain access to the shangri la...an old department store's basement, potentially chock full of NOS goodness. It must have been a fun time for the Japanese apparel entrepreneurs of the 80's and 90's.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I read it as well. It was a fascinating read. Not surprised at all to see the author's research led to you Kiya. Did you know him (Marx) beforehand?

I absolutely LOVED the chapter on Vintage & Replica. It read like a Ludlum thriller with the Japanese buyers combing middle America's forgotten department stores and thrift shops. Secrecy and bribery (w/Godiva chocolates in one case) were tools of the trade used to gain access to the shangri la...an old department store's basement, potentially chock full of NOS goodness. It must have been a fun time for the Japanese apparel entrepreneurs of the 80's and 90's.

I knew David before the book but not as well as after we did some interviews both via phone and in person for the book. I think the book is very well written and balanced, but there is so much material that didn't make it into book. There is some great insight into the mystery and stories behind these Japanese companies which will hopefully make it into an excerpts release.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sugar Cane x Buzz Rickson Indigo-Dyed Horsehide A-2 Jacket - Black Woods II Edition

We've been counting down the days for the arrival of this jacket. Made as a collaborative piece between the designers of Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson this jacket is a horsehide A-2 which has then been hand painted with pure indigo dye. This gives the jacket a very unique feel and look and is sure to look wild after some wear starts to show. Toyo has allowed us to modify the fit of the jacket slightly, slimming it out a little bit and giving the body a little extra length so you can easily wear it with untucked shirts.

These jackets were made in small numbers in Japan and this edition of it is limited to 50 pieces and is available now at all Self Edge stores.

Shop Sugar Cane Online

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_01-682x1022.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_03-1130x752.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_05-1022x682.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_07-1022x682.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_08-1022x682.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_09-1022x682.jpg

BR_NAVY_LEATHER_10-1022x682.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Roy Straight Leg Loomstate Jeans - RS05

A new year means new jeans from Roy!

This new release is a reworked version of the RS model from a couple of years ago. The fabric on these jeans is a 13.5oz loomstate denim which Roy designed from the ground up. Cone did not have or could not produce the selvedge id thread color so Roy had another company manufacture just the single thread that goes through the selvedge line and had the thread shipped to Cone to use on his denim.

The warp yarns are made of a conventional American cotton while the weft is made of Supima cotton giving the fill threads an off-white cast. Supima is a longer staple cotton so we're thinking it will be less prone to stretching out and knee bagging. The fabric for the pocket bags were also custom designed and produced for this jean. They're an undyed (natural) ring-ring 3x1 twill that is loomstate and will be cut in a way where it shrinks with the jean. The pocket bags are a 10oz 3x1 cotton twill which is 100% ring spun, undyed, and unsanforized.

We don't believe we've seen a denim with this much character come out of Cone Mills before, the weave pattern is very unique and so is the shade of indigo.

Check the product page for full measurements, a full spec list, more info, and high-res photographs.

These jeans will go on sale at noon (local time) at all five Self Edge stores on Saturday, January 2nd. They will also go on sale at 11am PST on the same day in our online store.

Shop Roy Online

ROY_LOT5_01-682x1025.jpg

ROY_LOT5_07-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_10-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_11-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_12-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_08-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_02-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_03-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_04-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_05-1025x682.jpg

ROY_LOT5_09-1025x682.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen x CHUP Indigo-Dyed Socks, Lady White Black/Navy "Clark" Pocket Tees, and Drift Volume 3

We've got a few small releases to start off the year. 3sixteen has gotten together with Japanese sock-maker CHUP to do a set of indigo-dyed stocks, available in two colors. Anybody who has owned a pair of CHUP socks will attest to the fact that these are some of the nicest socks you can buy. A perfect fit and feel combined with hand finishing makes these the socks to own, and now they're even indigo-dyed.

Lady White has taken their popular "Clark" pocket t-shirt and done them in a new black/navy 2-pack. We love the pocket shape on the Clark tees which is inspired by vintage Browns Beach jackets.

We've also received volume 3 of the fastest selling magazine we've ever carried, Drift, a magazine devoted to coffee. Why do we carry a magazine about coffee? Because we love coffee, the culture that surrounds it, and Drift is a beautiful and well written magazine.

Shop 3sixteen Online

Shop Lady White Online

Shop Drift Online

316_CHUP_01-682x1025.jpg

316_CHUP_03-1022x682.jpg

316_CHUP_02-1022x682.jpg

LADYWHITE_BLUEBLK_01-682x1025.jpg

LADYWHITE_BLUEBLK_03-1025x682.jpg

LADYWHITE_BLUEBLK_08-1025x682.jpg

LADYWHITE_BLUEBLK_09-1025x682.jpg

drift_3FIRST-470x612.png

drift_3_6-852x578.png

drift_3_7-480x620.png

zola

Reaction score
Dear Kiya,

how is the fit of the IronHeart 301 compared to the new 777 style?
Both seem to have a lower rise and a slim straight cut

Thanks!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dear Kiya,

how is the fit of the IronHeart 301 compared to the new 777 style?
Both seem to have a lower rise and a slim straight cut

Thanks!

The 301s is going to be slimmer all the way through the leg and generally have a smaller leg opening too.

zola

Reaction score
The 301s is going to be slimmer all the way through the leg and generally have a smaller leg opening too.
Thanks! So should I stick to the same size as in my IH 555 (Size32) which is a perfect fit w/o being too tight..?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member