• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seasonal clothing for Fall Mexico City Wedding

apolloali

Reaction score
Folks, I've just overhauled my suiting wardrobe. I usually just wear standard four season weight woolen suits and cotton shirts, which require little thought. But for the first time I've got two seasonal pickups and I need tips.

The first is a heavier flannel-ish vintage Golden Fleece Brooks Brothers checked brown suit. It looks great. But also, trying it on inside, it's so warm! Makes me sweat. The wedding is outside — could I wear it in 55-75 degree weather? It looks like it'll be 65 mostly outside. Chilly is what I've heard from people there now.

And then after that, on the other side, I bought a 50/50ish cotton/linen blend white dress shirt from Spier and Mackay. It's surprisingly soft, not wrinkly, and honestly I wouldn't notice that it's linen. Because it's new and seems comfortable, I'm inclined to wear it because it's new, but my mind thinks that you'd never wear linen with Fall/Winter suits. But I never considered whether a blend could be worn.

TLDR:
Two qs:
Flannel suit, too warm for October in Mexico City wedding?
Can a 50/50 cotton/linen blend shirt go with a Fall/Winter suit? Link to that here: https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/white-twill-linen-cotton-dress-shirt-ry-3452-2c2f5k

Sorry if silly questions! I've just surprisingly never had seasonal clothing items of these two styles.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered something like this:
1725050048-0b74e24bd6e88fa3d667a575e7c6a17e-1.png.jpeg

KlarkKent

Reaction score
To me it sounds like the suit will be too warm. You'll be around people, moving, hopefully dancing. I think it might need to wait until late fall/winter.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hieromance