• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

schmata: from rags to riches to rags

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ I don't know if I agree with that. Maybe it's just my mind set. I would rather see my company succeed and the reap the benefits. I think just looking at a bottom line is a crappy way to go.

wouldn't you rather live a GOOD life and let your employees do the same or would you rather live a GREAT life and have your employees do things half assed and struggle to get by.

I am by NO means a big company but I believe that the guys and gals who work for me are really happy with their jobs and want to do a great job because they know they will be rewared instead of just me being rewarded.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
What about smaller companies... Take for such Audiovox, competes with sony, panasonic, etc...
161 Million Dollar Company
Their CEO makes just shy of 1 million a year... is that greedy? He runs a 161 million dollar company... now put this in perspective of billion dollar companies... think about it
http://people.forbes.com/profile/patrick-m-lavelle/8564

Then that would make him not the sort of person I am talking about, wouldn't it?

Also, it's a good article regardless of who wrote it. Aside from that, I actually linked to someone quoting the article by accident. The original link:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/07/27

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^ I don't know if I agree with that. Maybe it's just my mind set. I would rather see my company succeed and the reap the benefits. I think just looking at a bottom line is a crappy way to go.

wouldn't you rather live a GOOD life and let your employees do the same or would you rather live a GREAT life and have your employees do things half assed.

I am by NO means a big company but I believe that the guys and gals who work for me are really happy with their jobs and want to do a great job because they know they will be rewared instread of just me being rewarded.

This is totally the right way to go about things. I think it is completely possible -- and probably less stressful (if you're not a sociopath) -- to run a business honestly. I do think that people will be attracted to an honest, good product. Sure, loads of people would rather buy garbage instead, but you cannot win over the hearts of everyone, but you don't need to anyway.

I am not suggesting business owners live in poverty and give their **** away. I'm saying there are ways to make money honestly and many CEOs ignore that and exploit their employees and processes, and the number doing this in America is disproportionately high compared to the rest of the world.

DISCLAIMER: i'm a canadian living in quebec paying insane taxes but i don't give a **** because living here owns

Geste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro

wouldn't you rather live a GOOD life and let your employees do the same or would you rather live a GREAT life and have your employees do things half assed.

I am by NO means a big company but I believe that the guys and gals who work for me are really happy with their jobs and want to do a great job because they know they will be rewared instread of just me being rewarded.

That was the most moving segment in the SCHMATA documentary. Each garment/ manufactorer/ owner expressed the same exact thoughts.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ its on HBO on demand , right???

Geste

Reaction score
..yes

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of honest, hard working, caring about employee CEOs, probably more of those than ones who don't care. Not every company is a HUGE and has a "GREEDY" CEO making millions, etc...

If it is so easy to become a greedy CEO, why doesn't everyone do it?

Also if your company is not competitive, not making money, your workers won't have a job.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to watch it. I am so sick and the ******* is close by. I will call you later !

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
There are plenty of honest, hard working, caring about employee CEOs, probably more of those than ones who don't care. Not every company is a HUGE and has a "GREEDY" CEO making millions, etc....

ummm yes and i clearly mentioned those and did not lump them in with everyone else, but you're so blinded by your neurological trigger to defend capitalism that you probably didn't notice

If it is so easy to become a greedy CEO, why doesn't everyone do it?
Where did I say it was easy? Are you insane or something?

Also if your company is not competitive, not making money, your workers won't have a job.
clearly, the only way to make money is to exploit everything you can

this is such a "**** you, got mine" attitude you're hilarious keep posting

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No
and I am not a CEO, I am young, and at the bottom of the corporate totem pole if you know what I mean... do I aspire to one day be able to be a CEO of a company? Of course... doesn't mean I am greedy. Doesn't mean I am going to exploit workers...

You made the blanket statement that all CEO's are greedy not me.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
No
and I am not a CEO, I am young, and at the bottom of the corporate totem pole if you know what I mean... do I aspire to one day be able to be a CEO of a company? Of course... doesn't mean I am greedy. Doesn't mean I am going to exploit workers...

You made the blanket statement that all CEO's are greedy not me.

sure if you want to be pedantic about it i did not specify "a sizable amount of american ceos", "prominent american ceos", but anyone who isn't completely marsupialed was probably able to figure out what i was saying especially when i was ******* praising mauro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads