• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorio (Kiton)

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
That one! Fabulous coat and great look you've got there.

I love that jacket. Pictures just don't convey how nice the material looks.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I waffled on buying that jacket from Dr. No and I've been kicking myself ever since you posted a waywt picture wearing yours.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
According to Antonio De Matteis ( Kiton CE) Sartorio is aimed at the younger man and intended as a stepping stone form Ermenegildo Zenga to Kiton.
He also says, "when a man wears Sartorio he starts to wear a handmade garment"

Sartorio suits are mostly tailor made with the exception of a few key areas, including parts of the shoulders and collar.
They are now made in the same Naples factory as Kiton. However, although the fabrics are great, they are not made from the rare exclusive blends used to produce the entirely hand made Kiton product.

That would explain the price difference.

I own some Sartorio garments and I love them.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
I have a Sartorio suit. It is extremely well made. In fact I have lots of their sport coats too.
I took the suit in to a tailor shop in Soho to get the pants/sleeves sorted - one that is highly recommended on here - one of the brothers glanced at the suit as he pulled it from the carrier and the first thin he said was ' where did you get this suit made'.
He was very surprised when I told him it was ready to wear as he was so impressed with the work.

I have not got any Kiton suits, only shirts, polos and sweaters, so I cannot compare. I am not really too enamoured with the Kiton suit cut. Sartorio's styling is more to my liking.
However, I would hazard a guess that the main difference is in the fabrics/workforce. I cannot see many corners cut when it comes to the construction.

Dan e gee

Reaction score

Reviving this thread, anyone else with experience or where could I purchase online?

Thank you!

Yoox. You can get a great deal with Sartorio stuff online if you don't mind the no fuss Yoox way.
I was only looking this morning and they have a nice selection of sport coats for spring/summer wear.
I'd advise making an account as you can get more discounts.
Keep you eye on the stuff by sticking it in your 'dream box' as invariably there will be a price drop, plus you can apply your discounts. You could end up getting a better deal

Magician Shaun

Reaction score
So, I took my new Sartorio Suit to my tailor to have the pants hemmed and the sleeves shortened and she suggested that something was not right with the shoulders. She didn't understand the lack of padding and the puckering at the shoulder. I tried to explain to her that it is intentional and was a sign of fine Neapolitan tailoring. She tried really hard to get me onboard with adding padding, I declined. I'm going to have to show her a video that explains that "singing shoulder!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads