• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoria in Napoli ?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, survived the Napoli traffic. Funny place to drive a car - absolutely no rules - just avoid hitting the other cars and pedestrians and don't ever really touch your brake too much :D

So, as dieworkwear correctly has stated - Caliendo was well above my price range ! He quoted me 3.100 Euro for a jacket - and 3.600 € for a suit. He wasn't at his "store" (more an apartment), so I only got to chat with him on the phone.

I tried dropping by nsm- but no one was there. Still a bit unsure what to think of nsm - it seems some people love it, and other are a bit skeptical. But their prices are great - and think I'll give them a go some day ! Even though Mina might be or not be a Tailor. Aren't experienced enough to know how much of a difference, if any, that makes ?

But for now, I've put in an order for a sportsjacket with Solito. Price - 2100 € with fabric. So first fitting is in July - due to my schedule not allowing for a trip to London at the end of this month. With regards to the jacket my only two [COLOR=212121]requirements were - 1. I chose the fabric - 2. tell them to do things exactly according to their house style.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=212121]And while in london, I'll check out steed and see what thats all about.[/COLOR]

If I every go bespoke, those are my only requirements as well.

dfoverdx

Reaction score
Cerrato: When you are on via toledo walk on the direction of Piazza Dante. There's an alcott store and then a bank on the right. About the level of the bank but on your left there are streets which are perpendicular to via toledo. There's one street on which there's a kind of green carpet in the beginning. On this street walk to the direction of the top of the street. On the right in the corner there's a kind of white windows and door this is the Cerrato's atelier. If you can't find ask somebody around. He's a nice guy, he makes nice pants and prices are very reasonable.

Davarpanah

Reaction score
@dfoverdx - thanks for the directions. Does anyone know how many fitting he requires for the first pair - and then how many for future orders ? And how is the pricing ? Have read somewhere that its 300 € ? - assume thats without fabric ?

Davarpanah

Reaction score

dfoverdx

Reaction score
@dfoverdx - thanks for the directions. Does anyone know how many fitting he requires for the first pair - and then how many for future orders ? And how is the pricing ? Have read somewhere that its 300 € ? - assume thats without fabric ?

For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar.

For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric... maybe he increased slightly the price but not 300 for sure...He's a very nice guy and will do a good pant for you.

Don't expect to get a reply to your e-mail by the way... Just go to his atelier and discuss with him.

Davarpanah

Reaction score
For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar.

For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric... maybe he increased slightly the price but not 300 for sure...He's a very nice guy and will do a good pant for you.

Don't expect to get a reply to your e-mail by the way... Just go to his atelier and discuss with him.
Can I get in contact with him in any way? Pretty long journey from Denmark, just to realize that he's on vacation ! And does he speak any english ?

Davarpanah

Reaction score
F*** me - how is it, that every single tailor shop I happen to cross, messes up my order somehow. I'm new to the game - and heck, I'm ready to all-in on OTR soon. So here's my experience with Solito. I visit their shop in Naples, and choose fabric and so on. We agree to meet up in London. I email with him a couple of times, trying to arrange the london meeting, regarding dates and times and so forth. I show up on London, and he doesn't have my jacket with him (it not made, even though he says it is), and he doesn't even recognize me. So a whole day wasted traveling from Denmark to London. He promises me, to get things in order. I send him the emails below - and absolutely no response. What a freaking waste of my time. So everybody is hereby warned. I will be posting this on the Solito thread as well.

Hi again,

I’m still waiting for response - see below.

Hi Luigi,

I, quite unhappy with the situation last Thursday. When paying that much for a bespoke jacket – I expect things to be in order. I’m not pleased with a whole day of travel being wasted – and money as well. I’ve spend 240 Euros on the trip to London – which I expect to be deducted from the price of the jacket 2100 (price of jacket) – 240 (travel expenses) = € - do you agree ? And with regards to a whole day wasted on travels – I expect the service to be extraordinary good in the future.

And just to make sure, that we don’t end up with any mistake again in the future – I would like to receive a photo of the jacket, so we can agree on the fabric. And next time you’re in London and I’m available at the same time, we can have the first fitting ?

1237 DKK planetickets

200 DKK parking at the airport

275 DKK – train tickets from airport to london

100 DKK – underground from victoria – charing cross

Emne: Re: London show - adress ?

Dear Bardia
The date is perfect
I will becat The Traveller's Club
106 Pall Mall
See you soon
Best Regards
Luigi

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 21 giu 2016, alle ore 08:24,
Hi,

I’ve ordered planetickets and will be seeing you on the 7th of july at 4 pm. Where in london is the trunkshow ?

Last edited:

Davarpanah

Reaction score
He came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !

dng992

Reaction score
He came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !
What did you decide in the end?

I have a similar budget to you - however am based in ldn myself. It appears solito is here pretty much on a monthly basis, therefore with 4 'fittings' based on an initial order /collection, it would theoretically be able to be complete in 4 months. However whilst his communication appears better these days, Im not sure whether this deliverability is any better, in that it still appears people are having 'fit' issues with the product. Requiring refitting after fitting e.t.c extending the process and not achieving a happy result.

Would be interesting to hear where else you go to. I've currently got an order placed with F.Guida, and the lack of communication is quite irritating/delay

Averroes1198

Reaction score

How did it end?

I'm planning a trip to Napoli for the last week of this month, any recent experiences with Marco Cerrato?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did it end?

I'm planning a trip to Napoli for the last week of this month, any recent experiences with Marco Cerrato?

Yes.

I was in Napoli last week. Price is 350€ without cloth.

I brought my own cloth and was measured Friday afternoon. First fitting Saturday morning and second fitting Saturday afternoon (Marco insisted on this, which I appreciate)

Pants are shipped around two weeks later.

I will let you know when they arrive, but Marco was very nice, we were talking quite a lot although he's very busy right now. London is giving him a lot of work. He does pants for a lot of Sartorias (and not only in Napoli btw). My experience confirms what S. Crompton wrote about him in a recent article. Nice and professional guy, top end product, at the level of Ambrosi at least, if not better (at this level differences are really tiny).

dfoverdx

Reaction score
Yes.

I was in Napoli last week. Price is 350€ without cloth.

I brought my own cloth and was measured Friday afternoon. First fitting Saturday morning and second fitting Saturday afternoon (Marco insisted on this, which I appreciate)

Pants are shipped around two weeks later.

I will let you know when they arrive, but Marco was very nice, we were talking quite a lot although he's very busy right now. London is giving him a lot of work. He does pants for a lot of Sartorias (and not only in Napoli btw). My experience confirms what S. Crompton wrote about him in a recent article. Nice and professional guy, top end product, at the level of Ambrosi at least, if not better (at this level differences are really tiny).

EUR 350 is pretty high but understandable given that higher demand pushes price up. I remember that few years ago i was paying half of that. But any case even at this price tag it's still cheaper than Ambrosi. I don't know how much Ambrosi asks now but a few years ago he was asking around EUR 400 for the making.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads