• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
So bad ass. I'd love to see the wash on the 4th pair up.
Just purchased a pair from Luisviaroma a week or two ago and just so disappointed with the wash. Looks so cheap. I had purchased the same pair(I thought) a year or two ago. Since it was from the permanent collection I thought it wouldn't be too different.
033_967338e1-855f-4de4-bb28-2c3223c5a59b.JPG

Boy was I wrong. Really hate what's happened to SLP denim after Heidi left.

The sample pics on MrPorter/LVR etc of this jean look amazing (wash/whiskers/fading) but the actual production model/what you get in the post looks **** in comparison.

Beckspapa

Reaction score
The sample pics on MrPorter/LVR etc of this jean look amazing (wash/whiskers/fading) but the actual production model/what you get in the post looks **** in comparison.
Right?!!
I'm almost wondering if they sent me the wrong pair. Totally different than the pics. SSENSE had a sale this past Christmas and I bought a pair that looked almost the same. But I bought it for about $300 less than what I paid for this pair. I want to return these and just stay on the hunt. This wash is absolute ****.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Thank you for your post, could you please expand more? Are there any good links you have or have a preferred method for washing? I did a quick search and they seem to back what you are saying more for destroying the denim but most links were sloppy. I've just always had the fear of shrinking them. Are even organic cleaners a bad option?

I'm not familiar with organic cleaners so I have opinion on that. I use woolite on my denim and no fading or shrinkage what so ever. However the denim does shrink back to how they feel when you first put them on. Always hand wash clothes inside out and not too long either. 15-20 mins tops. Drip dry.

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
A couple of recent pickups: Hedi-era peak lapel blazer (back from the tailor) and the western bomber from Hedi's last season at SLP. I really, really like the bomber; the fit is perfect and the detailing is so nice.

hedi-peak-lapel.png hedi-western-bomber.png

silvrbullett

Reaction score
Same situation here on that Mr Porter and LVR denim. Look great in pics but horrible in person. I ordered them and returned them immediately after opening the box. The wash did not match the pics at all. Was very disappointed.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, funny topic, and obviously discussed in jest, but IME, the less one structures one life with the goal of impressing women, paradoxically, the more women will be drawn to you. That's assuming the baseline factors, such as good personal hygiene are met.

Wearing SLP is probably emblematic of that, e.g., there's a big difference between spending an hour fussing and choosing a full-SLP outfit, and someone that throws on a pair of SLP jeans with a thrifted denim jacket, etc.

IChen

Reaction score
Most women don’t know you’re wearing slp. Hedi or not. Nor do they care.

They probably only see that you’re not either wearing sperry or a hoodie and sweatpants or you shopped with your mom at jcrew.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads