• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
I have 2016 chelsea boots in size 8 and I'm true size 8 never tried 2016 harness wyatt slim shaft.
I have 2016 chelsea boots in size 8 and I'm true size 8 never tried 2016 harness wyatt slim shaft.
thanks for the fast reply because I was about to pull the trigger on size 7.5 fw13 harness boots, so I should stick with size 8 for fw13 harness boot?

Randeep

Reaction score
If you're 8 in the slim shaft wyatt in 2016 onwards, then you want 8 or 8.5 in fw13.

I don't know about the chelsea boots so can't confidently draw comparisons against that.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one end of the chain detached behind the neck stitch it back? Is it easy? I know some people will say don't worry, but to me it's a big deal.

Ranger44

Reaction score
Someone mind giving me some clarity. When on YSL site for shoes
it says “we recommend sizing down one full size” does that mean
half size or actually 1 whole full size.

Sounds pretty straight forward but full size is a fair amount. So I’m bit confused about it.. It never was 100% clear for me

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone mind giving me some clarity. When on YSL site for shoes
it says “we recommend sizing down one full size” does that mean
half size or actually 1 whole full size.

Sounds pretty straight forward but full size is a fair amount. So I’m bit confused about it.. It never was 100% clear for me

I like to use the same size for every model of leather boots, shoes, and sneakers from Saint Laurent. My feet measure 25.5 cm, and I wearing an US8 in nike free run and vapormax. On the nike website, they say that I'm a "true" size US7.5 and recommend me to wear their US8. I ended up sizing down to 39.5/US6.5 for Saint Laurent shoes. I have tried a 39 (too tight), 39.5 (snug but I prefer the length), and 40 (slightly too loose/long), but I can "fit" my foot into all of them. Because we're just buying "off the rack", the models aren't all going to be perfect for your feet. I'm probably somewhere in between a 39.5-40.0, but closer to 39.5.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great, overthinking it. When one wears tight jeans, shoes tend to look a touch longer, but not that long unless you have the wrong size or wearing some berluttis.

Prudy

Reaction score
Anyone tried these in person? Either the silver or gold?

Picked up the last pair on sale at barney's as I've been looking for a metallic jodhpur style, but I was curious if you guys have any opinions on these?

download.jpg

Isolar

Reaction score
Well, I finally broke the cycle: my first substantial purchase that wasn’t Saint Laurent in I don’t know how long. End of an era.

It was that AMI shearling flight jacket, and I’m really happy with it. Never got to handle the similar version from SLP, but the leather quality (calf) and fit is spot on, certainly considering the price. I’ll post pics, if anyone is interested.

I’m looking forward to the fall weather to kick in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads