• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scanner

Reaction score
I regret throwing so much money into the brand and at Kering. It's like going to the strip club and dropping a couple stacks in the vip for some head relief only to get swiftly thrown out by the bouncers.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will look out for a pair of D10s. Regrettably my experience with D02s has not been that good. I had it hemmed a while back and tried it out on a recent trip. Frankly it can't be called skinny any more, really more "slim." I had another pair of jeans--lightly coated grey Rag & Bone denim in Fit 1 (their slimmest right now, low-rise, 5.75"/14cm leg opening)--and it fit me way better, esp. with the 60mm Chelseas. I hate how the knees of the D02s bagged out, really. That wrecks the silhouette SLP denim should feature IMO. Not sure if I just got a bad season or whatever, but I'll give D10s a shot.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Reaction score

i regret not buying the ss16 $800 flip flop and the fw15 $600 pins

Lol.

Thanks guys, will look out for a pair of D10s. Regrettably my experience with D02s has not been that good. I had it hemmed a while back and tried it out on a recent trip. Frankly it can't be called skinny any more, really more "slim." I had another pair of jeans--lightly coated grey Rag & Bone denim in Fit 1 (their slimmest right now, low-rise, 5.75"/14cm leg opening)--and it fit me way better, esp. with the 60mm Chelseas. I hate how the knees of the D02s bagged out, really. That wrecks the silhouette SLP denim should feature IMO. Not sure if I just got a bad season or whatever, but I'll give D10s a shot. 

Rag and Bone is good. I like the opening on the denim. The opening on rb is much better than slp I must say - the stretch helps with getting on and off too. But the rear area bugs me. It seems very wide.. especially compared to slp.
I believe it's the pockets. Seating just seems, idk odd.

Last edited:

newera90

Reaction score
100000% agree with @Prudy . D10+ French 85s is one of my favorite combos. I don't daily my French 85's but I wear them every chance I get. I've been thinking about the Wyatt 60 Harness to wear daily as the toe on the Wyatt is a bit more wearable with more casual wear in my eyes. Anyone have the Wyatt 60 Harness care to share their opinion?

Not the best "fit" shot, but here is a pic of the FW16 D10 and French 85's

How do the D10 fit? If im a 27/28 in D02, should just get a 27?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool denim discussion. I didn't realize the subtle difference between the D10 and LWs. Any particular reason why mid-waist sits better?

On another note, does anyone have experience on the Hunting Rucksacks (leather and canvas)? I have a couple of the SLP backpacks, and was thinking about mixing it up. Are the Hunting versions easy to open and close (I'm that lazy), and at least decent quality? Thanks!

mayastig

Reaction score
Do all plain denim colors (not pre washed) fade and whisker? Sorry a weird question but I love how my black denims are fading with regular use. Looking to get another pair that is a plain medium blue color..

ASAPRice

Reaction score
I hate how the knees of the D02s bagged out, really. That wrecks the silhouette SLP denim should feature IMO. Not sure if I just got a bad season or whatever, but I'll give D10s a shot.
What denim doesn't bag out at the knees? Pretty sure that's just through general wear and time. If you wash your denim, I assume they would revert back to normal.

Cool denim discussion. I didn't realize the subtle difference between the D10 and LWs. Any particular reason why mid-waist sits better?
I'm pretty sure mid-waist visually increases the length of your legs, plus there's more room for your junk and what not haha.

Epoq

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a firm answer on sizing in SL sneakers? I had the SL/01 high tops in 11.5, and they fit. I want to get a pair of the low top SL/01's, do they fit the same as the high tops or should I adjust down half a size? I usually run a 44/11 in Common Projects, 12 in MMM/Nike, but SLP high tops were kinda weird coming in at a 44.5/11.5

Kallipagan

Reaction score
How soft is Italian denim compared to Japanese denim? The D01's I have are MIJ and the feel and weight of them are perfect and I've been wanting to find more that would feel the same, I'm just afraid that since mine are from FW13 that the quality of other seasons won't be the same.

Last edited:

QuinceBoi

Reaction score
hi all,

i picked up the SS17 snake bomber a week or so ago and thought i'd share it here if anyone was interested in it or thinking of copping it themselves. it's great. i'm not really a fan of most of the new designs coming in (the dinosaurs, the sharks, 'sweet dreams', etc.--far too cheap and gaudy for me, and, i gather, a lot of other people as well), but the snake caught my eye because it's so classic and understated. the snake is really well executed--the way it loops around itself and the emerald green eyes in the gold casings are inspired. the construction is very intricate, too--the snake is made from black sequins stitched on to glass fibre that looks like scales. the fabric (100% viscose) is super fine, deep black and very shiny. fit-wise it's severely cropped (i.e. hits the hips/belt line; you pretty much have to tuck in your shirt otherwise you'll have a wide, unsightly strip of shirt hanging out below the jacket hem that divides your body in two ://), with long sleeves that puff up at the wrists. i've attached some pics; once again apologies for the atrocious lighting in my room. i can try to take more if anyone wants.

i also copped the calf L17 if anyone wants to see some pics/know more about it. it's a shame they're discontinuing it--the L01 is fantastic (in fact i'd decided months ago that i was going to get the L01, but i changed my mind to the L17 at the last moment) but i can't help but feel that the L17 is slightly more interesting; it's more detailed than the very simple L01, which to me actually started to look a bit plain after trying it on a few times. also the calf leather is way thicker and more durable than the lamb and i didn't want to drop $5k on a jacket only to be terrified every time i wore it that the lamb would stretch or scratch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads