• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bold 1s make quite the statement, so if you can, I would say try them on in person first. So far I have the bold 1s, 5s, and black mirror classic 11. I'm tempted to get gold frame classic 11s and regular black frame/black lens classic 11s, but it is starting to feel kind of excessive...

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one you posted is bold 5.

Here are some bold 1s
https://instagram.com/p/BM73ujIDdSZ/
habibi_1512094.jpg

12394088_1024384077625914_146524154_n.jpg

COCxJ1cUYAAXhsk.jpg

h6qQjDhSJ6inVa7JrdpF

Bold 1s are definitely a more flamboyant style. I feel like Harry Styles and Jude Law don't pull it off.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The bold 2 is my favourite of all the sunglasses I've tried so far. The classic 1 and 28 are okay too but pretty basic. Haven't tried the bold 1, but they are definitely hard to pull off (but definitely cool if they suit you). Might try the 2 again today if somewhere has them.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like the ysl2310
b6e1108fb290ce9910871d0ecadca1c9.jpg

Although it isn't an Hedi creation, I feel like since he included it in a campaign shot, he approves.

SpencerA

Reaction score
Hi guys, thinking about jeans lately and the transition to Vaccarello; its likely we will see the hedi denim and cuts phased out. I love the mid waist personally and the higher rise just feels and looks better to me so I've been looking to alternative brands to offer something similar, however most skinny jeans are quite low waisted it seems. Any suggestions? I might need to just stock up while they are still available.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard, most of the classic items are staying. That came from the manager at Sloane Street here.

I picked up the classic denim shirt from SS 15 today (makes me wonder what else from old seasons is lying around out the back). Fit is great - very fitted. It's​ also the colour I wanted​, but after getting it I'm not sure if maybe I should have gone with a lighter one. This is the one I got:

7-cs3-preview-79A6218.jpg

Also, got a small museum briefcase. I already have the large and​ love it, and the small is sleeker with a blazer / suit. Got a brand new one from stock at Harrods as I'd rather not have one from display. Love this bag. Now I need them to bring back the black / gold duffle briefcase or 24 bag.

Tried the classic 28 again too and liked them. Might get them offline so I can look properly at home.

Supergenius

Reaction score
I wanted the low top sneakers in metallic silver with the blue metallic stars and red heel tabs. i thought they were part of the permanent collection, but I don't see them anywhere online anymore. I should have pulled the trigger when I first saw them. I'll stop by my local boutique and see if they still have them and I'll be in NY in a couple of weeks so I'll check there, too. Anyone on here have a pair in 44EU/UK10/US11 they want to sell?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a new pair of shades for the summer too. Those slp are on my list too. I like the look but have to try them on. Not sure if they will look that great on a slim face. Chunky frames generally fit a certain face type. I had a pair of moscot that fit ok but weren't that big though.

Also anyone seen these in person? I like skates so drawn to these. 50/50 on the font though. I like it and I don't either.

Supergenius

Reaction score
I've seen them in person at the boutique. I don't have an opinion on the font so much as on the concept. They sort of make me want to buy a pair of PF Flyers or French Palladium sneakers and write Saint Laurent on them with a sharpie. Also, Gucci is doing the same thing with their "punk" jeans this season with writing all over them. Suddenly I feel like I'm in high school again when we thought we were being edgy by writing on our jeans. I guess I just don't get it. I must be getting old...

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen them in person at the boutique. I don't have an opinion on the font so much as on the concept. They sort of make me want to buy a pair of PF Flyers or French Palladium sneakers and write Saint Laurent on them with a sharpie. Also, Gucci is doing the same thing with their "punk" jeans this season with writing all over them. Suddenly I feel like I'm in high school again when we thought we were being edgy by writing on our jeans. I guess I just don't get it. I must be getting old...

Kind of what I mean with the font. I don't want the writing at all but I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just a normal logo. Not really feeling the hand writing.

I like the color and the light distressing on them.

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
They look tacky af. Remove the writing and they would be much better. This whole logo situation with AV is out of control.

Last edited:

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read that you want to get sunglasses with polarized lenses, and I don't think SLP's have those. What are people's thoughts on this?
They look tacky af. Remove the writing and they would be much better. This whole logo situation with AV is out of control.

And I totally agree with this. Someone needs to step in and stop this.

Supergenius

Reaction score
As far as the sneakers go, I get the whole high/low thing. What would be funny is if someone bought them, crossed out Saint Laurent and wrote "Nike" or "Converse" or some other cheap brand on them Or better yet, write "Lawnven" :D

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get the frames, change lens for polarized lens. Style + substance!

I don't think I can ever embrace logomania. Just doesn't resonate with my core values. I might one day have a "logomania uniform" just because of what it means/fitting in to society.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics