• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KVAEIOU

Reaction score

Come on - you have to admit it's pretty hilarious. I had no idea how big it was when I ordered it but it's so over the top how can you not love it? It's the same dinosaur theme from the sweater and now the two T-shirts. All in good fun.

That's a good attitude to have. If you like it who gives a **** what we think

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score

mayastig

Reaction score
Finally picked up these babies! Pulled the trigger on my first SLP denim as well, unfortunately all the ripped/repaired denim are too long for me, so had to settle for the black worn in pair. Love how they start to whisker and fade with actual use.

silvrbullett

Reaction score
I have to go to a wedding in May in Northern Europe. The dress code is black tie. Depending on weather it may be outdoors. Would it be appropriate to wear a black velvet Le Smoking or is that too heavy for May? Or can that only be worn during fall/winter?

Supergenius

Reaction score
I don't know what part of Northern Europe you'll be in, but I would think velvet would wear hot in May. I've no doubt it would look great though. I'd opt for something in worsted.

OhMe

Reaction score
Thats the right size man. Can you share what size it is and your measurement?

It's a size 46 and I am 187 cm.

Yeah the 44 looked more fitted obviously but then it lost the teddy spirit and it appeared too cropped, that's why I took the 46 (which is downsizing one comparing with tailor jacket where I am a 48 in Saint Laurent Slimane).
The boxy silhouette of the teddy can be challenging if the rest of your clothes don't balance it out. I think it looks pretty good here where the top block is kept cropped (tucked in shirt or short t shirt) and an elongated lower block. Everything is still nicely balanced. The closer that you can keep your upper body (not including head) (1/3rd of your overall length) and lower body (2/3rd of the overall length) the more beautiful it looks.
In other words, short jackets look bad when paired with long t-shirts/shirts.

And yes, I know Hedi has done that silhouette in the runaway with short leather jackets and long shirts underneath. I still think it looks terrible.

Interesting... I agree it may look better with shirt inside pant or short t-shirt (like the photo of Isolar or like the runway), but I like the look with long shirts too, not in my photos but in Surf Sound collection I loved all the jacket with these long casual shirts. May be it's more difficult to achieve the same thing with a big wool one like the PC teddy.

@Ohme Looks good, man!

I didn't size down either, because of the length. Here's mine (48):

It looks really good ! The proportions seem the same that on the runway, which I like.

So yeah here I have to say it's really good with the shirt inside jeans.

@Isolar : you did not size down at all ? Is 48 your normal size for SL Slimane ?

Last edited:

Rilea

Reaction score
I have a silk SLP shirt that is slightly too big for me. I've taken it to the tailors, but they said they were reluctant to work on it due to the delicate material

It's mainly around the side and back, so I used a paperclip to bind the material together and make it tighter, which worked! Unfortunately, the shirt looks a bit silly at the back with a paperclip on it. So I was wondering if anybody had any alternative suggestions? Thanks

Isolar

Reaction score
@OhMe Yeah, I take 48 across the board in SLP. I'm a bit taller, about 190 cm, so sizing down to a 46 would have been a bit too cropped for that jacket. Plus I don't mind the looser silhouette, as that's the spirit of the piece. I'm really happy with the fit.

@Rilea If you're already jabbing your silk shirt with a paperclip, just take it to the tailor. They can't do any more damage than a stray paperclip would.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a silk SLP shirt that is slightly too big for me. I've taken it to the tailors, but they said they were reluctant to work on it due to the delicate material

It's mainly around the side and back, so I used a paperclip to bind the material together and make it tighter, which worked! Unfortunately, the shirt looks a bit silly at the back with a paperclip on it. So I was wondering if anybody had any alternative suggestions? Thanks 

Find a new tailor or ask someone to fix it by hand? What shirt is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads