• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mwn11

Reaction score
They've adjusted their prices. L01 went up around £400 in the UK to make it pretty much even with the L17.

Not everywhere else has adjusted the prices yet.

Also in on 1000 pages!

therattler

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the UK Mr. Porter winter sale will be? There's a couple things I want to grab if they go on sale.

Randeep

Reaction score
No idea but some sites already have started their sales based on EU locations.

For example if you're in DK I know that on sites like ln-cc and farfetch there are 40-50% discounts already. By the time the sale opens up in the UK the good **** will be gone
baldy[1].gif

So might be worth browsing as if you're shipping to DK, and getting someone to proxy for you.

To whoever asked about the sizing on nut wyatts (hairy wyatts) on the official website and their recommendation to size down half - this is correct and I still believe it's correct for FW16 because the shaft size was not made skinnier (or not that I've seen in person anyway).

Randeep

Reaction score
Also in on 1000 pages!

hell yeahhh !!! it's been a good ride, from youwhat's eternal snark to Kieran's super detailed reviews/experiences/reasoning behind sizing (always very helpful), t'was fun. literally the only thread i read.

@therattler what stuff you planning to get on sale?

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
Tweed blazer, red wool western shirt and a Tom Ford denim jacket (only because the SL one with the corduroy collar was terrible). But none of those things are really necessary, so will depend on the discount if any.

Was told a couple days ago that Vacarello items will start droppig in store from January. This will be the SS17 collection proper (as opposed to the cruise stuff that we're seeing now). Apparently this will be done so that people keep buying stuff thinking it's Hedi's team or whatever and then will be told well actually that was AV all along somehow easing the transition.

Side note: Some fool tried to scam me on Grailed. Sold a pair of santiags that were too small for me. He recieves them and leaves feedback sayinog 5/5 item shipped and described etc. Two weeks later he disputes on PayPal saying they never arrived. So I sent him and PayPal the FedEx confirmation of delivery. Then he says 'item not as described'. PayPal found in his favour. He ships the 'original' package back to me, but it was 2.88 kgs less than the package I sent him. So I called the cops and PayPal to preempt them. Received the item today, and he shipped back the most beat pair of pathetic Asos (probably) boots I've ever seen. What kind of moron thinks I would just concede? Plus my PayPal email is my work email, so he ought to've known that I know how to handle these things.

Last edited:

PattyC

Reaction score

Tweed blazer, red wool western shirt and a Tom Ford denim jacket (only because the SL one with the corduroy collar was terrible). But none of those things are really necessary, so will depend on the discount if any.

Was told a couple days ago that Vacarello items will start droppig in store from January. This will be the SS17 collection proper (as opposed to the cruise stuff that we're seeing now). Apparently this will be done so that people keep buying stuff thinking it's Hedi's team or whatever and then will be told well actually that was AV all along somehow easing the transition.

Side note: Some fool tried to scam me on Grailed. Sold a pair of santiags that were too small for me. He recieves them and leaves feedback sayinog 5/5 item shipped and described etc. Two weeks later he disputes on PayPal saying they never arrived. So I sent him and PayPal the FedEx confirmation of delivery. Then he says 'item not as described'. PayPal found in his favour. He ships the 'original' package back to me, but it was 2.88 kgs less than the package I sent him. So I called the cops and PayPal to preempt them. Received the item today, and he shipped back the most beat pair of pathetic Asos (probably) boots I've ever seen. What kind of moron thinks I would just concede? Plus my PayPal email is my work email, so he ought to've known that I know how to handle these things. 

jesus, grailed is a cesspool of scammers. what now for you though? are you waiting on paypal to make another decision?

therattler

Reaction score
Yes, I spoke to PayPal today. Once they recieve the police report they should end the dispute in my favour. I'm lucky that I have the recorded weight of the package I sent otherwise it would've just been my word against his or whatever.

It's a shame Grailed has degnerated so much. Seems to me it's just too many young kids desparate to get their hands on some SL for cheap. That said, I've sold a number of things on there and this is the first real problem I've encountered.

mwn11

Reaction score
Ive taken to filming myself packing everything as apparently I've heard they don't accept photos as they can be photoshopped. Ridiculous but better safe than sorry. I always keep all receipts in a folder too and they have the weight on.

ChrisN09

Reaction score
usually they dont care about films, but its a nice "backup proof".

weight of package and signature confirm will win for you 99% sure of the time

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Jeans from SS16.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance