• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dddibakar

Reaction score

got the chelsea wyatt 40s today. Love them so much that I sold my Jodhpur 30s on grailed as I knew I wasnt going to wear them anymore. Though the heel would be high for me but its not that big compared to the 30s. As for sizing, i went half a size down from my sneaker size TTS and the same size as my calf jodhs.

Last edited:

Adamdraps

Reaction score

got the chelsea wyatt 40s today. Love them so much that I sold my Jodhpur 30s on grailed as I knew I wasnt going to wear them anymore. Though the heel would be high for me but its not that big compared to the 30s. As for sizing, i went half a size down from my sneaker size TTS and the same size as my calf jodhs.

Should of kept the Jodhpur's for rainy days. lol

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or simply because jodhpurs >>> chelseas, can't get over the elastic band. Leather/suede ages well, an elastic band doesn't and can't be replaced easily. Buckle/laces/zipper >>> elastic band IMO. And there are 40mm jodhpurs, aren't there?

Last edited:

dddibakar

Reaction score

Or simply because jodhpurs >>> chelseas, can't get over the elastic band. Leather/suede ages well, an elastic band doesn't and can't be replaced easily. Buckle/laces/zipper >>> elastic band IMO. And there are 40mm jodhpurs, aren't there?
Yea there must be i saw some people on instagram having those but i cant find them anywhere. I sold the sude jodhpurs because they are not as well structured as chelseas and when you wear them with skinny jeans the flap in the front(or whatever you wanna call it) just crunches up, which i dont like at all. I have black calf jodhs too but they dont have that problem because the leather is sturdier than the suede. Also after a months of wear the jodhs became very big for my feet because i bought it when they just came out and no one actually posted anything about the sizing.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't really rate the Hedi 30 / Wyatt 40 jodhpur boots that much. I think the jeans hit them too high making most people's legs look short and stubby, and the shoes look big like a golf club. They also crease in a messy way at the front as mentioned above. For jodhpur boots, as I've mentioned a thousand times on here, the cropped version in smooth black calf is probably my favourite ever shoe, and I also like the jodhpur classique, especially the version they put on the Seville last. I'm pretty hopeful for the menswear version of the womenswear Blake 40 jodhpur (been hoping they'd do a menswear version since SS 13). Hard to tell from showroom pictures if it's on the Hedi last or something else though (would prefer it on something sleeker and more almond toe shaped with a thinner sole than the Hedi, but I seem to be the exception so it will probably be the Hedi).

OhMe

Reaction score
Hey there. I have the duffle. It's one of the most substantial pieces from the collection and is a VERY heavy weight wool. It's very effective and is almost too traditional for me, so I had to have it tailed quite a bit (i.e., it's round and long for coverage). It's definitely a looker and you should expect compliments.

The blazers are a great, tight fit with high armholes and quality construction. I think they're fully canvassed, at least the ones north of $2500.

Thank you for the relply, it's very useful ! From which year is yours ?

Now my concern, as other folks here, is that they remove the permanent collection... I hope I will have the time to buy everything I want.

If someone can share feelings about the quality of the other pieces I mentioned (blazer, teddy wool, parka), it would be nice. :eek:)

I am particularly interessted by the blazer. To be precise, this one :

I am sure some of you guys grabbed it !

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
Yep, should have kept the jodhpurs. Chelseas are comfortable enough but the elastic band unstitches and is pretty expensive and difficult to repair. The jodh's are just one giant piece of leather with straps and I would say are much more versatile for casual / elegant scenarios whereas the chelseas are typically just casual.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the classic jodhpurs in 25 mm heels:

- it sort of has a bit of a motorcycle/rider boot feeling because of the buckle and harness like straps

The same design on the seville last with 30 mm heels:

The straps and hardware does make jodhpur boots look a bit more "fussy" so it is a bit harder to channel the "I don't really care" vibe compared to wearing chelsea boots. Although the jodhpur is more fussy it still feels less formal than side zips. I'm guessing maybe it is because the extra details for jodhpurs still ultimately make it less formal compared to the clean sleek "less detailed" style of just a zipper.

newera90

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the different wash effect in the 2013 knee blowout? Saw two different codes,
-328950 Y693B
-328950 Y691B

One of them should be the oil stained wash, but which is it?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea boots with non-casual wear like suits is a pretty classic combination here in the UK. I've also had a different experience to the posters above in that I've hammered my black smooth calf Hedi 30 Chelseas for daily wear, pubs, clubs and raves, in all weather, not really cared for them, and the elastic has never come unstitched even a little.

parnyc

Reaction score
Thank you for the relply, it's very useful ! From which year is yours ?

Now my concern, as other folks here, is that they remove the permanent collection... I hope I will have the time to buy everything I want.

If someone can share feelings about the quality of the other pieces I mentioned (blazer, teddy wool, parka), it would be nice. :eek:)

I am particularly interessted by the blazer. To be precise, this one :

I am sure some of you guys grabbed it !

I have it in black in a 46 and it is a great piece. The gold buttons aren't overly shiny, which I think helps take it from being too preppy. For me the armholes were cut higher than that of my black single button peak lapel SL blazer, so I had the tailor at the store lower it slightly and it feels much better, less constricting.
No more until the next designer? Will the permanent collection still be around next season?

SL will still be producing men's clothing.

dddibakar

Reaction score

Chelsea boots with non-casual wear like suits is a pretty classic combination here in the UK. I've also had a different experience to the posters above in that I've hammered my black smooth calf Hedi 30 Chelseas for daily wear, pubs, clubs and raves, in all weather, not really cared for them, and the elastic has never come unstitched even a little. 
if the elastic actually gets ripped, i was planning to buy an extra pair. Thanks for the info.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@OhMe the quality feels good..no complaints. I'm not much of a color guy but an SA was wearing the navy and looked great in it. I know they are doing the all leather version for men's like the current woman's one which I saw and look really nice on but is also black and white.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member