• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

echau

Reaction score

i like the d02's

does anyone have pictures of their nut suede boots?
I would like to see how nappy some of your boots are. I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea

I like the Nut suede over the typical smooth suede that's on everything else.

GEJSkelly

Reaction score

Another fit pic of the silver Wyatts.

The flannel is actually from Paul Smith, picked it up very cheap at an end of season sale and it's one of my favourite shirts already.

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
A few years late to the party haha but I finally picked up a 42 teddy yesterday...wore it to dinner and it's such a great fall layer.

scanner

Reaction score
When is men's ss17 shown? The show on 9/26 seems to only have female stuff.

No more mens, its all done, if you want an alternative move on to rag & bone and john elliott and your local thrift store, its over, the train has left the station.

agp

Reaction score

No more mens, its all done, if you want an alternative move on to rag & bone and john elliott and your local thrift store, its over, the train has left the station. 

No more until the next designer? Will the permanent collection still be around next season?

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score
@OakGhost I know some people find it overplayed, but that jacket is seriously one of my favorite SL pieces. I think it's really the best of its kind. Congrats, man!

OakGhost

Reaction score
@Isolar ya, and the bay is not a fashion place i.e while they may be all over the net...I've only ever seen one or two in person...and frankly I don't even care...I like it so I bought it...hahaha!

OhMe

Reaction score
@OakGhost I know some people find it overplayed, but that jacket is seriously one of my favorite SL pieces. I think it's really the best of its kind. Congrats, man!

I planned to buy this piece since a few months, but I will probably wait to see if new colors appear for SS 2017 (I am quite bored by the black and white).

Btw, what about the quality of this jacket ? I mean, I read here and there that Saint Laurent quality has decreased over time (I don't know if this is true for all the pieces). Do you think this piece will stand the test of time ?

I have the same apprehension about quality concerning other pieces from the permanent collection :

- Duffle coat : I read on this topic that Hedi himself contacted a factory to have it done with traditionnal method like the old time. Is that still the case ? On the official website, it is said "TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION", but I am always suspicious.

- Classic blazer : it's really a piece I have in mind since 2013, but I did not follow the evolution. Has it changed since the beginning ? How is the fit ?

- Parka : same question...

Thanks guys !

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I planned to buy this piece since a few months, but I will probably wait to see if new colors appear for SS 2017 (I am quite bored by the black and white).

Btw, what about the quality of this jacket ? I mean, I read here and there that Saint Laurent quality has decreased over time (I don't know if this is true for all the pieces). Do you think this piece will stand the test of time ?

I have the same apprehension about quality concerning other pieces from the permanent collection :

- Duffle coat : I read on this topic that Hedi himself contacted a factory to have it done with traditionnal method like the old time. Is that still the case ? On the official website, it is said "TRADITIONAL CONSTRUCTION", but I am always suspicious.

- Classic blazer : it's really a piece I have in mind since 2013, but I did not follow the evolution. Has it changed since the beginning ? How is the fit ?

- Parka : same question...

Thanks guys !

Hey there. I have the duffle. It's one of the most substantial pieces from the collection and is a VERY heavy weight wool. It's very effective and is almost too traditional for me, so I had to have it tailored quite a bit (i.e., it's round and long for coverage). It's definitely a looker and you should expect compliments.

The blazers are a great, tight fit with high armholes and quality construction. I think they're fully canvassed, at least the ones north of $2500.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics