• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ruckzuck

Reaction score
not very hedi (so i don't expect much love on here...), but i just bought these chelseas for the winter. the crep sole makes them much more comfy and casual compared to the leather sole version. Highly recommended when you're after a slimmer version to the bottega chelseas.

Last edited:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I hate those but you make them look pretty good. That said, you mention you bought them for the winter. Have you ever worn a boot with crepe sole in the rain/snow? It's literally like walking on ice.

ruckzuck

Reaction score
we don't have much snow where i live, but in fact i haven't. Always thought that leather soles are way more slippery? I was just after some casual/less-chic alternative to my wyatts and these are perfect for that. They look like sth. u would expect from apc/acne and not from sl, but in fact that's what i love about them.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went for a walk in my cigar jodhpurs and I caught no less than 3 girls staring at them.

I wonder if it's because they are still pristine and they stand out (they're two weeks old and worn for a few hours only), because they think "oh those are beautiful, I'd like a pair for myself" or "why is this dude wearing womens boots" (my gf says they look like womens boots).

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Hedi really makes slimmer versions of typically chunky boots. I really like the moto boots with their slim shafts because you can wear skinny jeans over them. Your crepe sole boots look good on you!

dddibakar

Reaction score

for random girls on the street is certainly a combination of these two
agree. I feel that way too thats why i just prefer sneakers when i dont want weird looks from people... Dont criticize me... Its true. There is nothing so standout about cigar jodhs they just look like many women boots made by topshop... I own a pair myself so no hate on jodhs but its true. Unless you have velvet wyatt like @OakGhost they are not something that standout(other than being looked at as women boots)

Adamdraps

Reaction score
^ I hate those but you make them look pretty good. That said, you mention you bought them for the winter. Have you ever worn a boot with crepe sole in the rain/snow? It's literally like walking on ice.

I live in NY, 2 hours north of NYC and I have no issues walking in the snow with my Bottegas.

KVAEIOU

Reaction score
Don't see a lot of creeper love here, wore mine out for the first time the other day

Randeep

Reaction score
agree. I feel that way too thats why i just prefer sneakers when i dont want weird looks from people... Dont criticize me... Its true. There is nothing so standout about cigar jodhs they just look like many women boots made by topshop... I own a pair myself so no hate on jodhs but its true. Unless you have velvet wyatt like @OakGhost they are not something that standout(other than being looked at as women boots)
weird looks? lol.

3cm/4cm heels don't look like womens boots to me nor to my gf, nor to any other girls i know, guess it depends on social circles or city. (i'm in london).

girls (but mostly guys, oddly) DO take notice of the jodhpurs IME.

dddibakar

Reaction score

So, are bigas15's jodphurs still being sold or is only a darker shade being sold this season/right now?
I dont think they are available anymore, these were from 15fw i think, thats when i got mine in the same colour as bignas15. The current ones are darker.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll try anyway:

Is this a legit tag to a 2016 classic L01 jacket? It just looks off to me, but I actually haven't seen a tag with 2016 on it yet, so maybe it's real.

Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads