• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black D10s are nice. I have a couple of pairs of the AW 15 mid waists in black and they're the best fitting jeans Saint Laurent have done since AW 13 by miles.

Are those ones on Browns from AW 15 or are they a reissue? They seem to be growing in popularity now anyway so they should be around for a while, for example they were re-stocked a few times on YSL.com, and LVR also seem to have finally ordered them for next season after not buying them during AW 15 when they were featured on the runway (that really surprised me at the time).

Has anybody tried the new low waisted black jeans on YSL.com? Are they loose through the knee like the AW 15 D02s (which for me were unwearable), or skinnier like the AW 15 D10s?

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...etch-denim_cod40121147si.html#section=men_rtw

Slann that denim jacket looks a bit long unfortunately. I bought the permanent collection denim jacket recently and had to send it back as I had the same problem - a really nice fit in most places, but not cropped enough in length to look cool in my size.

I also ordered and returned the black / ivory striped t shirt from the pre-fall range online. I don't think it was pre-fall as it was labelled 2016 1. Fit was weird - very slim in shoulders and arms, but loose everywhere else. I bought an L and it fit at least a size smaller than an M in the AW 13 t-shirts (the grey pocket t shirt and the black and grey striped pocket t-shirt for example).

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

y7bbb6

Reaction score

Great site to deal with. I bought my pair from them on Tuesday, got them Thursday, and you can see them pictured in my last post!

They fit pretty much exactly like this season's D02s with an ever so slightly higher rise.

Solid fit.

I probably would have gone with 30 but since they were out, I pulled the trigger on 29s - do you think they'll be too small if I usually wear 30 (Acne, etc.)?

Rilea

Reaction score
Hello - first post here

I bought a SLP shirt this week for £370/$540, but I'm haven't second thoughts about it - some feedback would be appreciated :)

With jacket:

Without jacket:

I really like the shirt, it feels great with some nice hemming, but I'm not sure if it suits me enough to justify buying it

scanner

Reaction score
Hello - first post here

I bought a SLP shirt this week for £370/$540, but I'm haven't second thoughts about it - some feedback would be appreciated :)

With jacket:

Without jacket:

I really like the shirt, it feels great with some nice hemming, but I'm not sure if it suits me enough to justify buying it

Polka dot patterns that big are usually about 99.9% impossible to pull off but I think it looks fine

Rilea

Reaction score
Polka dot patterns that big are usually about 99.9% impossible to pull off but I think it looks fine

Thanks a lot :) I think it looks fine too, but if I'm going to spend that much on a shirt, I want it to look better than fine

$aam

Reaction score
Ordered some suede Wyatts and I'm super hyped! Any recommendations on a suede protector? Also, do you guys use shoe trees for these?

LA4Lyfe

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The black D10s are nice. I have a couple of pairs of the AW 15 mid waists in black and they're the best fitting jeans Saint Laurent have done since AW 13 by miles. 

Are those ones on Browns from AW 15 or are they a reissue? They seem to be growing in popularity now anyway so they should be around for a while, for example they were re-stocked a few times on YSL.com, and LVR also seem to have finally ordered them for next season after not buying them during AW 15 when they were featured on the runway (that really surprised me at the time). 

Has anybody tried the new low waisted black jeans on YSL.com? Are they loose through the knee like the AW 15 D02s (which for me were unwearable), or skinnier like the AW 15 D10s?

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...etch-denim_cod40121147si.html#section=men_rtw

Slann that denim jacket looks a bit long unfortunately. I bought the permanent collection denim jacket recently and had to send it back as I had the same problem - a really nice fit in most places, but not cropped enough in length to look cool in my size.

I also ordered and returned the black / ivory striped t shirt from the pre-fall range online. I don't think it was pre-fall as it was labelled 2016 1. Fit was weird - very slim in shoulders and arms, but loose everywhere else. I bought an L and it fit at least a size smaller than an M in the AW 13 t-shirts (the grey pocket t shirt and the black and grey striped pocket t-shirt for example).

I can say this.. The 2016 1 d02lw has been best out of the past few seasons so far. I picked up a pair just to ice because it's the closest I've gotten to older year fits..
that's my experience

I feel I would like the fits of d10 thigh and leg.
but I can't take a higher rise than I have now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads