• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

single knee for sure!

I went to the store to try on denims I told my SA to transfer in today

I also tried on the single knee that they have in my size by chance

the double knee slits are pretty bad cuz the slits are obviously very low and I doubt it would match up with anyone's knee no matter how tall you are

meanwhile the single knee **** has a noticeably high **** than the double slits so yeah

i don't get this complaint. i have the double knee slits and am 5'10'' and they line up with my knees. i would hesitate to make any generalizations about this particular item.

ChronBong

Reaction score
i don't get this complaint. i have the double knee slits and am 5'10'' and they line up with my knees. i would hesitate to make any generalizations about this particular item.

some of those dudes here at quite short, like 5'4-5'7"

thats also another case.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

some of those dudes here at quite short, like 5'4-5'7"

thats also another case.

yes but he said "I doubt it would match up with anyone's knee no matter how tall you are" and while i appreciate hyperbole i also know that some people might take it the wrong way and think that the internet consensus on these items is that they are designed poorly and have significantly reduced resale value because they only fit these magical long legged creatures that already have the jeans because they walked it on the runway.

just trying to provide a counter example by saying i am 5'10'' and it fits.i have a size 32 and i take a size 32 in most pants. i used to be a size 31 in slp but got a little fatter.

Last edited:

Isolar

Reaction score

hedi 30 chelsea boot in black suede...

thoughts? i'm torn. can't tell if its classic and versatile or maybe just a little boring...

I really like the black suede actually. Definitely classic, and black boots—especially chelseas—are inherently more versatile. I'm thinking of grabbing a pair too, though I might wait for the black suede jodhpurs this fall. I'll probably end up getting both, if I know myself well enough.

silvrbullett

Reaction score
Birthday party last night. Best cake ever.

slann01

Reaction score
Published my review of the fw14 studded leather biker today. I hope you'll enjoy it guys - have a nice day.
0.jpg

echau

Reaction score

hedi 30 chelsea boot in black suede...

thoughts? i'm torn. can't tell if its classic and versatile or maybe just a little boring...

I wore mine today. Wife in fringed chelseas.

I have enough tan boots, so why not? The black suede is a deeper black than black leather and you don't see them too often.

PaulASmith

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice as to Saint Laurent's belt sizing? I typically wear the low-waisted D02s in size 30. The belt I'm currently wear (non-SLP) measures approx. 35 - 36" from one end to the middle hole. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that the jeans are low-waisted. What size should I be looking for in SLP belts? I was thinking an 85 or a 90

theblinding

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some advice as to Saint Laurent's belt sizing? I typically wear the low-waisted D02s in size 30. The belt I'm currently wear (non-SLP) measures approx. 35 - 36" from one end to the middle hole. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that the jeans are low-waisted. What size should I be looking for in SLP belts? I was thinking an 85 or a 90

I think 90 is better for you, I wear 28 in Saint Laurent jeans and my 85 belt was a little bit small before it stretched out.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
i have the double knee slits and am 5'10'' and they line up with my knees.

Height is not the only factor. Legs and torso length differ from person to person even though they are the height.

I'm 5'10" with this seasons double knee slits on (love the silk tees)

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
You are forgetting that just because someone is 5' 10" that their legs and torso are the same length as yours.

I'm 5'10" with this seasons double knee slits on (love the silk tees)

Those look great. Which ones are they? There are a few variations out - Italy, Japan, Skinny, Slim. All the Skinny D02 double slits i've seen look really loose and have a really dirty used tint to the wash.
Also, the 1 **** with the distressing up top look cool but they are so inconsistent in appearance.. none of them that i've seen look anything like the ones on the website.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Those look great. Which ones are they? There are a few variations out - Italy, Japan, Skinny, Slim. All the Skinny D02 double slits i've seen look really loose and have a really dirty used tint to the wash.
Also, the 1 **** with the distressing up top look cool but they are so inconsistent in appearance.. none of them that i've seen look anything like the ones on the website.

Japan and mine say D10

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads