• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha yeah it does seem ridiculous. I'd just rather not hate a feature of something I'm buying, and even though the end result if I re-laced them would be the same, it's still kind of putting me off - I think I'm OCD.

relaxandrawr

Reaction score
Is the general consensus that the Canvas Skate Sneakers are better than the Leather versions? Been heavily debating between the Canvas Baby cats and Leather ones, and everyone I know keeps pushing the canvas ones.

Prudy

Reaction score
I ended up getting quite a few items from FW15, I agree there were less statement pieces, especially compared to SS15. Perhaps it was too sophisticated as the look depends heavily on subtle colors + proportions and the 3" heels that complete the look. Sizing in FW15 was spot on and the quality was there as well. Classic.

I will have a chance to see the SS16 collection in a few weeks - I'm sure it will be more impressive in person but for a dressier gent nothing is yet calling my name. Surf/skate/grunge has been ubiquitous on the west coast for decades, it was a fad in other places in the 90s but you still see these looks here daily. Personally, I think it's more subversive to dress up these days, especially in The States.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ended up getting quite a few items from FW15, I agree there were less statement pieces, especially compared to SS15. Perhaps it was too sophisticated as the look depends heavily on subtle colors + proportions and the 3" heels that complete the look. Sizing in FW15 was spot on and the quality was there as well. Classic.

I will have a chance to see the SS16 collection in a few weeks - I'm sure it will be more impressive in person but for a dressier gent nothing is yet calling my name. Surf/skate/grunge has been ubiquitous on the west coast for decades, it was a fad in other places in the 90s but you still see these looks here daily. Personally, I think it's more subversive to dress up these days, especially in The States.

The price is a major factor though. I think most will have a harder time dropping 2k plus on casual peices you will only wear casually.

OakGhost

Reaction score
I actually really like the collection but most is less usable on a consistent basis than previous seasons . I will only pick up a few of the button ups and maybe the rip knee depending on fit. I am excited to see how people put it all together.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i recreate the image!

scanner

Reaction score
Just had a chat with Hedi at the Gary Clark Jr show.. asked him about what he thought of critics etc and fan comments.. Ultimately he can't please everyone and likens himself to a sampler and fan of things as they come and go.. Made me appreciate his new collection a little more.. He's a photographer and gets hyped on images of things and recreates them and lets them become what they will be.. while were discussing this season he's already excited about what is to come 3 seasons later.. very inspiring person to be around. I'm now excited to purchase something from this new collection that I might not wear until maybe 3 years from now.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you have a chance to ask if wyatt models will ever return to their original shape?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anybody that likes stripes, the black and ivory striped crew neck sweater that's been re-stocked should be really nice if it's the same as the original from SS 14. Both Prudy and I have the original one (same style ID and colour code but slightly different fabric code), and both agree on how nice it is - I actually have two of them as I like it so much. Really soft comfortable wool as well, not at all like the red and black from 15 (which I also have and like a lot, it's just not particularly comfortable wool). It was originally priced at around £350 so at £290 the price is pretty good too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads