• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slann -- I'm liking the jeans and boots, although the jacket is loud to me however that's the point. you can pull it off with your nappy hair and cred from your blog.

Nicksh - jeans look awesome on you. I don't think I've seen someone pull off the destroyed so effortlessly. They'll look even better with age.

slann01

Reaction score
Slann -- I'm liking the jeans and boots, although the jacket is loud to me however that's the point. you can pull it off with your nappy hair and cred from your blog.

Nicksh - jeans look awesome on you. I don't think I've seen someone pull off the destroyed so effortlessly. They'll look even better with age.

Thanks man, appreciate that :) Btw, just posted an article about my fw14 allure coat, if you want come check it out, and also please leave feedback if you like: http://lustercatcher.com/2015/11/08/saint-laurent-allure-coat-review/

KawaiiTheo

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the FW15 Chain Wyatts, if I can't find the FW14 or FW13 for sale in my size?

slann01

Reaction score

Hey guys. I'm wondering if it's worth buying the FW15 Chain Wyatts, if I can't find the FW14 or FW13 for sale in my size? 

The fw15 one has the big shaft and the added seam in the leather, i would really avoid it.

slann01

Reaction score

Slann: what do you think about the regular 40 sidezips and chelseas?

I own a pair of the fw13 release of the 40 sidezips and They are awesome. Definitely the most versatile boots by SLP, probably not eye catching as harness wyatts or cropped jodhpurs but definitely the easiest to put to work in any kind of rock n roll chic outfit.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I saw a picture of them on your blog. Are they by any chance the same as these ones (which I assume are from a different season)?

I'm also seriously considering the MMM ones with the Cuban heel, but can't make up my mind!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New side zip ones have a wide shaft. As do the Chelseas. Anything from SS 15 and earlier in the side zip and Chelsea is good and has the slim shaft, both have wide shaft for AW 15, even though the style ID is exactly the same. Hopefully they'll go back a little next time around as I want another pair of the Chelseas (a moderate increase would be fine, but the extent to which they have been changed is too much for me to wear with my jeans without them looking bad).

You can see how wide the shaft is on these ones, which are the same shape as the new side zip Wyatts in plain black:

http://media.matchesfashion.com/videos/products/1023105_video360.mp4

slann01

Reaction score

Yeah, I think I saw a picture of them on your blog. Are they by any chance the same as these ones (which I assume are from a different season)? I'm also seriously considering the MMM ones with the Cuban heel, but can't make up my mind!
Exactly What Kieran said ^

Randeep

Reaction score

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the help guys. I wear the d01s, so maybe the wider shaft would work. I actually bought a pair of the 30 jodhpurs at retail last year, otherwise would be on those.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess you'd probably be alright with them then. They may still create a bit of a dent in the jeans at the front, but probably nothing to worry about with the d01.

therattler

Reaction score
New side zip ones have a wide shaft. As do the Chelseas.
I bought the Chelsea 30's online last month--the shaft is pretty narrow, so much so I was thinking about tailoring my new D02s (which are way bigger than my last pair from fw13, everyone is right: I had to size down and will probably have to taper them).

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the Hedi 30 Chelsea in store and noted that they looked narrow. I think I may have to pick up some of those as the new Wyatt Chelsea isn't going to work for me. I think the ones online are actually still from SS 15 as I remember them arriving late during that season as I considered them at the time, but hopefully they won't get changed.

On the new cut of D02 for this season, I also need to size down one but the knee is still too loose and I kind of resent having to taper something that shouldn't really need it, and there's always the risk of them not turning out quite right. The mid-waist however were perfect for me in a size down from my AW 13 size (not quite as skinny as 13, but significantly skinnier than the D02 this season). I got two of them, and am considering grabbing a third pair.

On the knees being loose in the new D02s, I have been wondering recently if when washed whether they would actually look okay. The problem I have with them when still raw is that the knees crease up in a messy baggy way as there's so much spare material there, but I'm thinking that if they were softer they might work fine in that looser way (something like some of the more skatey looking SS 16 runway looks).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sona Umar