• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

this dude's a joker. biker jackets are no more a "costume" than work boots or beards or bomber jackets or (like slann notes) shearling aviator jackets are. they're just another category of clothing, one that many of us have been wearing since we were kids, and will probably continue to.

the idea that biker jackets or boots are "played out" is for that very reason absurd. it suggests this guy's a fashion victim, more concerned with what's trendy than what one actually considers interesting or meaningful to wear, consider being the key word. further, the idea that slp and ccp can be combined "if you know what you're doing" is equally absurd. it implies that there's some level of fashion expertise and superiority this poster holds the possession of which is the holy grail of aesthetic knowledge, instead of celebrating a diversity of styles and preferences. i suggest he posts a fit pic to demonstrate that he is indeed the guru he claims to be, instead of making childish comments. i'll look forward to it.

Riders jacket don't really look played out and are a fairly classic item, like say bombers. On the other hand Black leather jacket and black or blue jeans + beige boots is a lot more specific and I personally can't see that stuff anymore.

CCP+SLP=LOL

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
fuuma you're really annoyed the hedi hype beasts killed beige shoes for you aren't you? lol, i feel your pain. but here's a thought. the hype beast sl look i actually see in real life is sneakers/destroyed jeans/varsity jackets (flannels, whatever), i see that at least three times a day. on the other hand, the fw13 runway look is instagram-approved, but i almost NEVER see anyone actually wearing sl leathers/jeans/(suede) wyatts combos in real life. so maybe you're safe :)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure an SA at any brand boutique is motivated to sell seasonal items, not just permanent collection items. Especially if you know, they actually want to receive items next season.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Women's size 40 Compared to a men's size 40
Women's fit a little bigger but over all basically the same
Good news for anyone who's a 40/41 and their sized is sold out in men's.

slann01

Reaction score

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
tbh kind of over slp. i go to parties and see slp models / musicians / the type of people hedi photographs in all vintage clothing and i feel like a bit of a poseur in my full slp outfits. it's gotten to a point where i have 20+ slp pieces and i look at it all and think, was this really worth the money?

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the new 15' denim is a lot looser on the thighs and longer. I sized down but it's a bit tight in waist/rear.. hoping they stretch. Cause usually slp stretches alot. Am I the only one that has noticed that super skinny slp is now skinny and not so super anymore?

Last edited:

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that the new 15' denim is a lot looser on the thighs and longer. I sized down but it's a bit tight in waist/rear.. hoping they stretch. Cause usually slp stretches alot. Am I the only one that has noticed that super skinny slp is now skinny and not so super anymore?

just do what i did and get them tailored and hemmed. there's really no reason not to get something tailored to fit you, especially when you are dropping that much on a piece.

Slpbaby808

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

just do what i did and get them tailored and hemmed. there's really no reason not to get something tailored to fit you, especially when you are dropping that much on a piece. 
I ended up just sizing down. I can get them on, but they are tight on the waist tho. they fit really well just hoping they stretch about half a size or so. Gotta break em in. But I must say the fits aren't the same. The raw from 14 I couldn't even get in size 30. But the new ones I can, says something

Last edited:
Reaction score

Finally posted a new outfit post on my blog guys! http://lustercatcher.com/2015/10/27/outfit-saint-laurent-coat-and-boots/ Let me know what you think, feedback is appreciated as always! :) Also, @jonathancorrea thank you very much for the comparison, so if I wear a 40 in men santiag i should take a 39.5 in women? or still a 40? thanks in advance ;)
@slann01 sizing down might be pushing it. I would stick to the 40 or 41 for the santiag boots. Not sure about the other styles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads