• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

irithis

Reaction score
apologies in advance for the sizing question, i was wondering if anyone had any experience on this one.
I'm usually a size 29 in D02s (FW13 raw, this season's plain black, etc), and I went to the Rodeo SLP store to try on this pair, but they only had a size 30 and it was massive on me.

Hence question, should i take my usual size at 29, or can i possibly go down to 28?
Thanks!

BTW, the SAs at the Rodeo store were very nice, encouraged me to try on a bunch of different boots / shirts that were similar to my preference. Top notch service.
Got to try on the french 85 and it was surprisingly easy to walk in them, but still hesitant on pulling the trigger, the 60 however was an instant love at first try..:)

youwhat

Reaction score
sales assistants trying to sell stuff ?!
eek.gif

irithis

Reaction score
^haha, I think it's the advice from SAs, on what would look good on me or otherwise, that made the trip worthwhile.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Bond Street to try the French Chelsea 60 mm boot in cracked shiny leather yesterday. I really liked them and tried them on for a while, but decided to sleep on the decision in the end as the heel is pretty out of my comfort zone. Slept on it and then bought them online this morning as I couldn't resist. I'm not sure how much I'll wear them with the heel, but they are still great. One thing about them is that the cracked shiny leather is amazing with the black jeans, and this particular model will break in and crease up fantastically. I have the 45 snap closure in the same leather (awesome), but I think the Chelsea is a little more me.

For those that have the 60 mm, how much do you wear them, and do you feel self conscious at all?

slann01

Reaction score
God.. why the rain boots for women ss16....really bad Hedi

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing.. There are some nice pieces and some of the new jacket lengths and silhouettes are interesting, but this looks like the Gap meets Undercover. Some pretty Hedi-ous styling going on here.

therattler

Reaction score
I disagree, I think it was laid back and pretty cool - a nice contrast compared to the mens ss16. I wonder what he would say his main reference was for this.

therattler

Reaction score
I disagree, I think it was laid back and pretty cool - a nice contrast compared to the mens ss16. I wonder what he would say his main reference was for this.

therattler

Reaction score

scanner

Reaction score
I think the Slips and Dresses are the strongest, some nice suiting going on, but thats about it. I think this shows how good at Couture Hedi is going to be.

A lot of it reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface with some Courtney Love mixed in.
The denim is horrible though. Too many Country Bumpkin type looks going on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads