• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They fit skinny - not far off as skinny as AW 13 raw jeans through the knee and lower leg, but you need to size down one size from AW 13 size. You'll need to contact a store if you want to get some now, or wait for next season. Really nice jeans - best fit they've done for ages.

Hedi 30 chelsea is probably closer to the classique than the Seville or the London.

slann01

Reaction score
london (i believe, but keiran's the expert).

thanks slann. a europe proxy here would be super useful, buying sl in the states has gotten so relatively overpriced i pretty much only buy in europe. esp for leathers the difference is crazy.

the new skinny fit shirts are a lot skinner than the regular shirts, that's probably the difference, skinny fit only released from ss15 onwards i believe.

therattler that outfit looks good. whether or not a flannel is worth that much is hard to say though, personally unless wore them a lot (which i do) i probably wouldn't buy them.
Yeah Neon, difference is absurd, especially on bigger garments, if someone ever needs anything hit me up.

slann01

Reaction score
How much would a pair of black raw D02's run? They're at $470 retail here in the states
They are 350 eur on the ysl site, so 391 dollars, with shipping to you that's about 17 eur from Italy and 10 eur for me for the proxy service total would be 420 dollars - i guess on small items like jeans isn't so convenient.

Last edited:

flowen

Reaction score
They are 350 eur on the ysl site, so 391 dollars, with shipping to you that's about 17 eur from Italy and 10 eur for me for the proxy service total would be 420 dollars - i guess on small items like jeans isn't so convenient.
With taxes where I live, that would be saving around $100. I may take you up on your proxy offer in the future.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the new skinny fit shirts are a lot skinner than the regular shirts, that's probably the difference, skinny fit only released from ss15 onwards i believe.

That's probably it. Sizing seems to be changing all over the place at the moment. I used to be pretty much M / 39 / 48 in everything but blazers (in which I'm 48 / 50 depending on whether I'm prepared to only wear it unbuttoned / have a tailor make alterations respectively), but now it's getting so that I'm needing to try everything on to be safe. Several knits and t-shirts this season came up a bit small looking on me in M for example, with necklines and shoulder seams much narrower than previously, and even some of the waists in knits being a bit skimpy looking on me and I have a true 29.5 inch waist which should be technically small enough for M. I guess they're using different fit models or something and they're no longer shaped like me.

All in all though I've had a pretty successful season. I'm hoping to get a classic black two button blazer and a bag to finish the season and I'll be happy.

Randeep

Reaction score
Couple of fit pics from the last week:

The stained effect fw13 jeans I got in my true size 30 and they are -painfully- tight, literally stuck to my leg and I can forget walking in long strides or up stairs with a large vertical drop... I've tried spraying with water and stretching them out a little and it's worked like a couple %, the rise is pretty low but I'll wear them in winter with flannels/peacoats only where you can't see my exposed ass crack heh.

However in any case ref the discussion the last few pages - for me - the tigher the better, in conjunction with stacks to break up the silhouette :) - can't imagine wearing the outfits like below cropped.

therattler

Reaction score
@ohyehhh Looks great man. How tall are you? Do you alter the length at all? I'm going to take your advice on the black/white shirt - but I'll grab it if it manages to make its way into the sale.

Red Nashville is my favorite, I wear it all the time like your pic with my AW14 black destroyeds and suede jodhpur/wyatts. If those AW13 stains piss you off, give me a call ...

Randeep

Reaction score
Btw, does anybody know what the discernible difference is between the two black+off-white striped teddy jackets are?

Jacket 1: 93% VIRGIN WOOL, 7% POLYAMIDE - STYLE ID: 354718Y983H1000
http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...wool-and-off-white-leather_cod40119137iv.html

vs

Jacket 2: 88% WOOL, 10% POLYAMIDE, 2% SILK - STYLE ID 354718Y983J1000
http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...wool-and-off-white-leather_cod40120887xh.html

Like.. the picture is exactly the same, does anybody know the different beyond the composition? Like was one the substantially lighter weight summer version vs the bulkier feeling autumn/winter one?

Randeep

Reaction score
@therattler hah thanks man, I'm 5"10 - the SLP default length seems "just right" for me as it so luckily no alteration needed. Agree re. the nashville I love it! :D I too will be dusting off the wyatts soon :) wyatt+black distressed/destroyed + nashville
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

neonrider

Reaction score
god damn i love that red L01. i should have totally got one by now. it's funny, the black jeans never fit me as well as the blue ones, both raw and washed. great looks ohyehh.

i believe the varsity with the lower wool content is the summer version.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member