• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ariiam

Reaction score
Quote:

Loop the end of the concealed tie back into the tieholder. If there isnt one, just sew it on.

otherwise, most tailors can also shorten it for you

Last edited:

Sunny23

Reaction score

Are the Mid waist jeans this season skinnier than the raw d02?

Wing0

Reaction score
Hey guys. Trying to get my first pair of Do 2 Saint Laurent Denim. I recently lost 40ish pounds in the past year so I am having a seriously hard time with sizing. I bought a size 29 and they were so small/tight they couldn't get over my thighs
confused.gif
so I am about to buy a 32. Should those fit or should I try for a 31?

silvrbullett

Reaction score
Has anyone bought the new dark brown suede Wyatt boots yet? I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go with the new dark brown or the nut. I don't have a store near me to check them out so have to order online. I really liked the ochre color but those are no longer offered. Any comparison pics would be appreciated!

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone bought the new dark brown suede Wyatt boots yet? I'm having a hard time deciding if I should go with the new dark brown or the nut. I don't have a store near me to check them out so have to order online. I really liked the ochre color but those are no longer offered. Any comparison pics would be appreciated!

I seen the new dark brown in the botique. It's a nice color but if I had to choose one, I would go with nut. It's more of a classic boot color.

jaco87

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new knee ripped black denim?? are they soft like previous seasons or is the denim thicket and stiff? also how is the sizing?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried the new knee ripped black denim?? are they soft like previous seasons or is the denim thicket and stiff? also how is the sizing?

Not sure about the sizing as I didn't try them on but they aren't soft like the previous season but rather the normal raw denim. I liked them and debated selling my older pair for them but in the end, I would have to shell out extra.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
So, the inevitable sizing question from a first-timer. I'm a 30 in Naked & Famous Skinny Guy jeans (and am generally a 30 elsewhere too--Rag & Bone, etc). Can someone opine on how the SLP skinnies compare to N&F, fit-wise? The rise isn't essential, I can figure that out in person. Can't really call to mind the measurements on N&F skinny jeans and never got that into it.

slann01

Reaction score
Loop the end of the concealed tie back into the tieholder. If there isnt one, just sew it on.

otherwise, most tailors can also shorten it for you

Thanks for the suggestion :) Do you also know if it is possible to make a old tie less wide to be skinny? a tailor could do that or if it's even possible just with a sewing machine?

Ariiam

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion :) Do you also know if it is possible to make a old tie less wide to be skinny? a tailor could do that or if it's even possible just with a sewing machine?

In theory, yes. Not really a good idea though, alterations of this scale can really damage an item

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ maybe better to wear a scarf w/ that type of leather jacket anyway?? I think a longer skinny tie would work, though...you wouldn't want it too short IMO.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads