• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sepp

Reaction score
@neon,

Great fit as usual but I'd personally prefer the lighter shade of blue from previous seasons. It somehow made the rips and distressing believable.

John-Galt

Reaction score
I recently bought a new pair of white lows but gosh darn it, this is mighty tempting. I hate you, but love you at the same time for sharing this. The Dries Van Noten slip-ons are a steal too. Alcohol and "window shopping" is never a good combination. #UGH
Then get the black pair, can't go wrong with that combo

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from London. Bought the snap closure 4.5 cm French boots in cracked shiny leather, a pair of mid waist in 28, and another red and black striped sweater.

The snap closure French are gorgeous and highly recommended - ankle is decently narrow and the jeans catch high on them so that the snap closure detail shows - a bit like how the duckies 30 wrap around strap boot that Slann has works with jeans. Glad I passed on the side zips now.

I went for a 28 in the mid waist jeans. I tried a 27 which looked pretty good and were not a struggle to button at all, but they were digging in a little to what little fat I have at the waist, and as I like to tuck my shirts in, I wouldn't want that to show at all. The 28 is still pretty damn nice and skinny though, and should be great after washing. A 28 in these is pretty close to a 29 in the AW 13 raws, but I think I like this slightly thicker rougher denim more.

Bought another of the red and black striped sweaters too. I was originally going to return it as I wasn't sure the colour suited me, but it really grew on me and so I decided to get one for best and keep my other one to wear day to day (it looks pretty amazing under my AW 13 black peacoat, so I wanted one I can just hammer like that). Prudy I'm surprised you didn't like the fit - it's not really a fitted style I know, but it's a nice fit (for me at least) and reasonably slim. I also really like the weight, colour, and feel.

Also tried a black wool with gold buttons two button blazer. Not the regular gabardine but a wool with a bit of a texture and a line going through it. Very nice. I'm definitely going to get the navy one with gold buttons at some stage. They had a second black two button blazer in the same material too but with leather elbow patches (I think this is the campaign one). Also very nice but for me I would prefer no elbow patches. I think I'm probably going to just get the classic 69 cm black two button notch lapel one from permanent collection - can't go wrong - then add the navy with gold buttons at some stage. The blazers are cut great this season though I have to say.

Pretty solid season as exptected.

Prudy

Reaction score
@kieran84 i am starting to wonder if there were production differences between the first and second runs of the denim. The mid waist size 29 i bought are tight at the waist i don't think i could size down but haven't been back to try - all my fw15 denim thus far I bought almost two months ago and it seems like they ran out and then restocked. anyway, weird...

I liked the red/black sweater but thought it was too stiff and I think i just prefer a smaller size as it was flairing out in weird places on me. I tried a size S in the leopard print and liked that one though it's much softer than the red/black. the size M i bought it the cashmere turtle neck fits like a S.

Post a pic of the mid rise + cracked snap french boots :)

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's definitely a possibility (no way I should be able to fit a 27). They're very nice though anyway, and well made (pockets are a little deeper than the recent MIJ ones, no variation between legs on any pairs I've tried like I've found on some styles recently, and all round nice quality).

I'll take a picture when I get some time. The snap closure are awesome though and highly recommended - I was beginning to think I was going to have to pass on the French based on the 4.5 cm side zip. I saw your 6 cm ones there which look really nice, and they also had a 6 cm chelsea in the cracked shiny leather which is really nice too.

Tried that long blazer you have too - fit in the shoulders and arm holes is perfection - but I tend towards two button notch lapel styles only so didn't take it.

Can anyone that has the Hedi 30 in black leather and tan suede tell me if they fit the same? I tried a 44 in the tan suede to get an idea of how they look with jeans (planning to order the black leather ones from the website), but the 44 felt really big all round. I'm a 45 in every other style (cropped jodhpurs, wyatt chelseas, derby shoes, etc.), so I'm wondering if maybe they were sized wrong, or if the suede is different.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The leopard mohair sweater is easily my favourite sweater this season, but I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it.

I also want the black and ivory wide neck from teh campaign, but no stores in Europe have it, and I don't trust farfetch after too many bad experiences:

sepp

Reaction score
Drop me a pm of the destroyeds doesnt work for you. I have been trying to contact and made offers to the seller but he wasn't responding at all to my messages.

Prudy

Reaction score
cool can't wait to see the snap french boots on - I have a pair of french 85 chelseas arriving Tuesday. Curious about how the 45s look with the mid rise vs the 85s.

ryansmith

Reaction score

Couldn't commit to SLP flannel, got Sandro instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads