• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neonrider

Reaction score
it's kind of funny, because if that guy DID cut off the tags because of his wife, he got screwed twice.

i think the best authentication is simple, tags and labels with proper identifying info for the garment. generally, if you have a bad feeling, stay away.

wanksy

Reaction score
it's kinda odd for me too, but price is intriguing but making me suspicious at the same time
anyway, cheers for the inputs everyone. guess it'll be more waiting for me.

CL628

Reaction score
How do the suede SL/02H sneakers fit compared to the leather version. I am a 43-43.5 in the leather pairs, would a 44 in the suede be to big? The tan suede pair just came up on Grailed and I have had no luck the past few months finding a 43 or 43.5 so I am debating on just taking a chance on them.

Last edited:

Kryptxnite

Reaction score
theres no way someones gonna cut off all the labels and the chain. also the embossed logo on the zippers is not even centered, fake

Prudy

Reaction score
Yes and no. I normally take a 43.5 but w/ santiags I've had to go down to a 43, but others on the forum have said they had to go up a size or the fit is TTS. Seems like the production on these could be a bit wonky so try before buying or buy online from somewhere you can return/exchange. I have wide feet, too.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sizing is different for everyone I think.

I've got cropped jodhpur both the sand suede and black leather.

My true size is 43, but I've got 42.5 and 42, 42.5 is pretty loose but lucky not too loose so still wearable, 42 fits me way better, the half size makes a world of difference.

Prudy

Reaction score
Yeah, and with the santiags they are unlike the wyatts, for example, where there is a bit more room in the toebox but they are very fitted in the heel/ankle. The santiags are less fitted throughout the heel/mid foot and then become very pointy/tight at the toebox.

slann01

Reaction score
The suede santiag I tried on was a EU 40, the size I usually wear on all boots (slp and not), and it was really loose. Even the staff in the SLP boutique told me that the santiags are inconsistent in the sizes, my guess is that they are produced in different places.

slann01

Reaction score
The black harness and the beige suede are the best of the crop imho, along with the blue and silver lamè. The cognac and python don't convince me too much, I don't know why.

neonrider

Reaction score
the sizing on the santiags is truly all over the place. it's strongly recommended to try the specific model and pair before you buy. it can vary by up to a full size.

apparently there's also a studded black pair (among several others) yet to be released.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ I like those, too - but something about the tan/cognac calf and the dark brown lizard santiags makes me drool. I think they look fantastic with black skinny denim.

The SS15 stuff continues it's slow roll out...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads