• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
@BeraQueezy they will have to give you a voucher, I don't believe they can just calculate the difference in the store and you'll need the proof to get reimbursed, of course. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

There are several nice SLP boutiques in Paris in particular, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

@slann01 thanks, man. Those wyatts look great! I did get lucky w/ this pickup, I rolled the dice a bit on it but it turned out swell. The Santiag boots will be here on Friday, I think, so looking forward to trying those as well.

Last edited:

jsimonovis413

Reaction score
Any feedback on the briefcases?

Im trying to decide in between the small museum grained leather one or the smooth leather with the front magnetic pocket.

thoughts?

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
@BeraQueezy they will have to give you a voucher, I don't believe they can just calculate the difference in the store and you'll need the proof to get reimbursed, of course. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

There are several nice SLP boutiques in Paris in particular, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

@slann01 thanks, man. Those wyatts look great! I did get lucky w/ this pickup, I rolled the dice a bit on it but it turned out swell. The Santiag boots will be here on Friday, I think, so looking forward to trying those as well.

Any boutique in particular I should check out? Will one have better/more stock than another ?

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ Others from Paris/France may have better opinions than I, but IME here is where to go:

The boutique on Rue Faubourg is great - friendly/knowledgable SAs and they carry a lot of items. However, they were closed last time I was there in January for renovations, so check first before heading there.

The boutique off Boulevard Saint-Germain on Rue de Grenelle is also great, but it's smaller. They are the friendliest IMO and it's just a nice, personalized experience. Of course, if you go there and they don't have a size or item, they would call another location for you. The many times I've been there I am almost always the only person shopping and it's been great.

The boutique on Avenue Montaigne is OK, a bit more selection than Rue de Grenelle but not as much as Rue Faubourg. Honestly, though, I have avoided this boutique in the past as the 2-3 times I've been there they were not friendly or helpful. Could just be a fluke but that is my experience.

They also carry SLP in Printemps and Galleries Lafayette, but those are bigger department-type stores. Lots of tourists, etc. of course.

Hope that helps!! Also, if someone knows better hopefully they will chime in as well.

Last edited:

Thatsteez

Reaction score
^^Agreed. Had similiar experience. Faubourg had a ton of selection and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Avenue Montaigne wasn't as welcoming and didn't seem to know what they were talking about (from my limited interaction)

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Wow, thank you for the very thorough review !

I will be sure to make it to Rue Faubourg. I read that construction had them at a temp spot but my trip will be in May. Hoping everything would be settled by then.

wanksy

Reaction score
the slp biker jacket on grailed. does it belong to someone here?

and if not, is it legit? a bit suspicious since it doesn't have any tag on them. and no receipt or whatsoever.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
great stuff prudy. that jacket fits you perfectly, score. i really like the lace-up detail too.

i would be very suspicious of the sl jacket on grailed personally. there's really no way to verify over pics whether it's real or not.

as for paris, yes, faubourg has a lot of stuff and is nicer than montaigne, who's still stuck in the old-world only old people buy luxury mode a little bit.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe someone was selling that exact jacket on eBay without tags and a few people in this thread bought it.. some never received item, one guy did and said it was a blatant fake but the guy disappeared on eBay.

I wouldn't trust it to be honest. Who cuts every single tag off a $5k jacket?
Assuming every tag is cut off, the liner SLP tags are on there pretty well.. You'd have to destroy the lining to cut it off. Cutting the chain off as well? I guess you could ask for pictures of the interior pockets and look for the **** to start before the lining, but I doubt you'll get a response.

If you did buy the jacket and it was fake, the seller could just play dumb and say he bought it off someone else and didn't realize it was fake or that he couldn't tell.

My personal experience and logic is that if you're purchasing any article of clothing over $1k (even over $500 to be honest), You should make sure it fits you perfectly and that theres a decent return policy for buyers remorse or if you're not satisfied. Don't get drawn in because of the name on the tag. In the case of SLP Jackets, I would personally go to a boutique and try them out - I've tried many of their jackets on and out of trying on 5 maybe 1 will be a keeper. They fit very oddly and don't be surprised to size down (some of the employees size down 4!). Even if you won't get a discount or deal in the store, try to find an SA that will take their time with you and give you good criticism. That alone will be worth the extra amount you spend on a jacket you'll grow into and love.

kelice

Reaction score
Saint-Germain: small with nice staff. They brought in missing sizes for me to try from another boutique by scooter delivery.

Av Montaigne: close to other boutiques or restaurants one might be interested in going to. Staff was nice (took care of my shopping bags etc I was carrying, offering drinks and so on)

ninopwns

Reaction score
The DR in size 48. I saw it too, it looks pretty legit but the whole tag situation makes it iffy. Most fake DR's that copy SLP look terrible

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
Also, the zips they claim authenticate that jacket are fakes IMO. That listing is a scam if we're talking about the same one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads