• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the exact same boots in that color. Wish I can get the brown suede in that price. I'll just opt for the story et fall one

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Besides slp, anywhere else that sells really solid striped tees that fit the same aestetic?

I'm assuming you're looking for a lower price point? In that case, check out APC. Still good quality, although not on the luxe level. I'm wearing one of their striped sweaters now. Made in Romania. I like the fit. Has held up well over a couple years but I don't wear it much.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

as i predicted a while back, most of you are beginning to like the new collection now. i think it's pretty visionary stuff. hell, at least it's interesting and it has a point, unlike most men's fashion these days. some notes.

the proportions on the bikers could be better. they're not nearly as slim and cropped as earlier seasons...they're longer and a little boxy.

the concho jeans are fun, if a little ott. the raw hem jeans have a treatment i still can't quite figure out...waxy in some light, but not in others...but you should note that the proportions on the raw hem jeans are different than the typical slp skinny cut.

the santiag boots are pretty amazing, very severe, well made, sleek, polished.

also, the wyatt cowboy boots are very hard to track down, only barneys ordered the black ones, and ssense and ysl online had the brown ones. it's a shame, because they're amazing boots. they look fantastic with everything, and stack jeans better than the harness boots.

the ykk zippers are annoying. in many cases early season slp stuff is better...my first season wyatt boots are better quality leather, more severe cut, etc. my first season biker jackets are like a whole different animal than what is being made now; they're super cropped, narrow, slim, soft...

i started a little site where i post and review slp stuff, http://modenoire.tumblr.com -- enjoy.

Any input on the raw hem? I ordered a pair In my normal size and it hasn't shipped yet. Are they too big? It looks that way in some pics.

slann01

Reaction score

For 100€ on mr. Porter I couldnt say no. Gonna pair them with black jodphurs and a black tee for now. Also good catch prudy on the green creepers.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ I would totally rock those...are those 15.5cm/skinny? Oh, also - David Lee Roth called, blah blah blah... ;)

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
^^ I would totally rock those...are those 15.5cm/skinny? Oh, also - David Lee Roth called, blah blah blah... ;)

Yes, 15.5 cm skinny! Fit is great as always. Surely people will comment about them, not with Lee Roth since Van Halen aren't so famous in italy, but i hope they will at least catch the rock'n'roll inspiration. About the creepers i found a pair of used black/red ones with leopard print on them and i am not really sure to pull the trigger on them; what would be a good outfit with creepers?

Prudy

Reaction score
Not sure if the lace-ups fit differently, but I'd say the monk strap creepers could be about a .5 size smaller than tts, mostly because they are narrow in the mid-foot and toe. If you don't have a wide foot, probably not an issue. I have a medium-wide foot and just decided to get my size, a 10.5, and I'll work them in. After one wear, they already feel pretty great. They fit good from back to front right away.

For what to wear them with, you have a lot of options, I think. The green is great because, although it might look a bit crazy by itself, easily blends in once you pair them with other things. You could wear them with black, grey, brown - whatever. I'll personally be wearing them mostly with some black SLP skinny jeans or slim wool trousers. On top, anything goes but I feel like the creepers always look good when you have a bit more volume on top.

For the leopard/red/black ones, I think those are cool, too - I personally would wear them with blk skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, maybe a leather jacket. Or, a dressier jacket, smoking jacket or black jacket, maybe...

You can dress them up or down, either way but I do feel like they mostly beg to be dressed up a little bit.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
the creepers all fit the same, like exangel said, big by at least half a size. due to the shape of the toe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads