• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Returningson

Reaction score

I've had both. I've really liked all my rick's but I grew tired of them eventually and wanted something more subtle and that would work better with my wardrobe since i've mostly been wearing SLP. I picked up a recent stooges jacket since I find Rick jackets to be more functional but it was flimsier than a target jacket. Just really awful quality.

So I went through about 3 different SLP leathers including the classic biker and L17 and they all looked great, but were just too short and cropped for my frame. I also found the leather to be nice and supple but very thin and delicate. Maybe they get more substantial during the right season, but I didn't find them to be very functional in any case. More of a statement/accessory or editorial piece. 

Rick is hit and miss, but nothing beats the two zipper interior pockets (Sometimes when I go traveling I just take the jacket and put my iPad mini and whatever accessories I need for hygiene, etc and don't even need to bring a carry on. 

I might take a look at some of Schott's custom jackets though since they're really well priced and made in the USA and essentially give you the classic rider look. 

I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally think the quality is about the same. Im more of a fan of Rick's hammered leathers (nothing really beats that look IMO). SLP have more of a classical design while one could consider Rick's a little more "trendy". Each features a different cut. My only real complaint I would offer about the Ricki's is that he cuts the sleeves so damn long on his jackets. The interior pockets are amazing, the stuff one can hide from full size books to tablets.

Agreed.

Also, this thread has now seen Ricki join Heidi and Channel.

KYeezy

Reaction score
Hey, is anyone interested in the chain destroyed denim in black? I am able to get a pair for under retail. However they are the women's version and are size 30. If your skinny and usually wear 27-29 i'm sure you can fit into these. My buddy's thats a 29 in 15.5 fit perfectly in these. PM me if your interested :).

21st

Reaction score
Very nice. Was thinking about picking it up, but that price tag for a non leather bag.
haha same here, the price is too high for canvas backpack. I just got it because it's SLP.
I try not to buy anything because of this reason from now on lol.

KYeezy

Reaction score

haha same here, the price is too high for canvas backpack. I just got it because it's SLP.
I try not to buy anything because of this reason from now on lol.

I've been doing that WAY too often with this brand haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics