• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need isn't an exaggeration. I 100% need that shirt in a 37. I can't sleep at night w/o it bros
I think you should be able to find one. I feel like I always see those tropical button downs on places like grailed. However, I have never in my life seen this button down anywhere, and I've always wanted it.
ScreenShot2021-02-15at2.46.48PM.png

silentownage001

Reaction score
I picked these two hoodies up last month while in Chicago. @SirGrotius I get why you like SLP and Dior hoodies so much!

Alas, I got some very faint stains (which was expected tbf) on the Dior I need to get out. Any suggestions? I've had some success hand-washing and working the detergent in. It's dry clean or hand-wash only. After an incident getting a stain out of an off-white jacket and stripping the color a bit I've been a bit cautious with this one.

Attachments

• SLP & Dior.jpg
    SLP & Dior.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 153

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those two are great! I wear that black SL hoodie all the time. How's the fit on the Dior? I've avoided a white hoodie for that reason, but I do like that muted tone and the diamond logo they're bringing back from the 70s archive.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Alas, I got some very faint stains (which was expected tbf) on the Dior I need to get out. Any suggestions? I've had some success hand-washing and working the detergent in. It's dry clean or hand-wash only. After an incident getting a stain out of an off-white jacket and stripping the color a bit I've been a bit cautious with this one.

Oxyclean is your friend. Get the powder, mix it with water and soak the garment where it is stained in the solution. Get the Oxyclean extra strength in the spray bottle and a toothbrush;. spray the stain and work the Oxyclean in with the toothbrush and then wash. You can do one or both of these things. If the soak doesn't work out use the spray bottle and the toothbrush after. Or you could just use the toothbrush method by itself, I find that to be sufficient with like 90% of the stains I have treated.

silentownage001

Reaction score
Those two are great! I wear that black SL hoodie all the time. How's the fit on the Dior? I've avoided a white hoodie for that reason, but I do like that muted tone and the diamond logo they're bringing back from the 70s archive.

I'd say it's a bit more relaxed. Not oversized, but not as slim as the SLP. The shoulders are dropped a bit more. The arms and torso are a bit roomier. To me it's more of a typical hoodie fit whereas the SLP is a slimmer fit. For reference I took a small in the Dior and a medium in the SLP. I'm a 46 so I ended up following the SLP size chart. I tried a small and I could get it on, but it felt tight and restrictive.

Oxyclean is your friend. Get the powder, mix it with water and soak the garment where it is stained in the solution. Get the Oxyclean extra strength in the spray bottle and a toothbrush;. spray the stain and work the Oxyclean in with the toothbrush and then wash. You can do one or both of these things. If the soak doesn't work out use the spray bottle and the toothbrush after. Or you could just use the toothbrush method by itself, I find that to be sufficient with like 90% of the stains I have treated.

I'll try this out. Thanks!

cjmorris21

Reaction score
So who in here is dying to find one of the most memorable pairs of boots that Hedi designed during his time at SLP? The Wyatt cowboy boots are a thing of beauty and finding a pair now is damn near impossible, even moreso for a pair that hasn't been worn. Fortunately I was able to acquire a pair of them (new in box as well, unbelievably rare) back in 2015 or 2016 and they are definitely my favorite pair of shoes/boots.

I was scrolling through IG today and landed on the John Varvatos page. Check out what I found in one of their posts:
Img_2023_04_21_16_11_26.jpeg

These are called the "Walker Boot" and they are priced at $998. They look damn near identical to the Wyatt cowboy boots and they are priced similarly as well. Even the soles are nearly the same as the Wyatt's too. If I didn't already have a pair of the cowboy wyatts I would be all over these in a couple of seconds. Anybody who doesn't have the actual Wyatt's should add these to their wardrobe. Below is the link to them and you can get 15% off if you sign up for email updates, just click on the link that appears on the top of the page that says "Enjoy 15% off your first order". If you don't want to use your actual email address download the app "Tempmail". I use this app for exactly that purpose, signing up for discounts and other things on certain web sites. It has an inbox for anything that gets emailed to your temp address that you are using. Whenever you are finished with that email address you can just click generate a new email address and you are good. This site is an absolute godsend; it is perfect for those of us who like to shop online but hate getting tons of junk email. Here is the link to the Walker Boots, go ahead and cop them people! Enjoy!!!!!!

John Varvatos Walker Boots

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Great idea if you want something that vaguely looks like a pair of SL or Celine boots but you think those brands just don't cost enough.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
I can’t believe these clog-looking mfs got mentioned in the same breath as cowboy wyatts

View attachment 1944309

Yeah I guess you are right, I was just going by a few pictures I saw, I didn't really see a side view like that. These actually are more of a mix of the cowboy wyatts and the santiags. I still think they look pretty similar to the Wyatt's. I took a photo of mine for comparison, the same angle as the photo I posted:

PXL_20230422_192338233-01.jpeg

cjmorris21

Reaction score
LMAO not even close to the cowboy wyatts

They don't resemble them as much as I thought they did after I pulled my cowboys out of my shoe closet, however there are definitely some similarities. The heels look the same as do the soles but I think the most striking resemblance is the shape of the boot. They look nearly identical to me (in terms of shape) from the midsole all the way to the toe box but hey thats my opinion, doesn't mean that it is right. I put both pairs together in a photo:

Picsart_23-04-22_15-39-16-008.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, yours definitely look awesome. Teh varvatos--not so much, although I appreciate your trying to help out your bros.

Personally, I'm just holding on until the new celine stuff drops.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
likethevegetable