• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those boots look great and very Thorns esque!

Interesting about the show; hadn't thought about it but definitely more open to AV these past few years than at least initially. He's been at the helm a while now.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Def a tough choice between the 2. All you SL experts can I get some sizing recommendations? TTS 8, should I get a size 41?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the show. I focused 90% on the music and location, which was very sombre and beautiful and 10% on the clothes which were almost too dark to see!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked some of the leather trenches, and the wider striped trousers looked promising. Other than that, although I appreciate the aesthetic, for my taste it's veering too much in the direction of the avant grade, which I'm just not into personally. I think I"m drifting away from the brand.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
brown suede is way more wearable. I have 10 year old harness wyatt's that I wear once a week. Have no dirt on them and suede looks pretty damn good. Buy a horse hair brush and brush them every time your wear them. Don't go walking in mud or puddles and they should never look really beat. Also get a good pair of wooden shoes trees.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx everybody for their feedback. I've settled on the brown. Really hoping somebody can shed light on sizing. All these Wyatt Chelsea wearers and nobody can provide any insight? 🤷‍♂️

silentownage001

Reaction score
Thx everybody for their feedback. I've settled on the brown. Really hoping somebody can shed light on sizing. All these Wyatt Chelsea wearers and nobody can provide any insight? 🤷‍♂️

I usually take an 8.5 US in Nike. I took a 41 in all my Wyatts. I also wear a 41 in my Greats Royale and Gucci Aces. In general I'm a consistent 8 for leather shoes.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
I saw some comments on sizing of various SLP boots like the Wyatt's and Lukas. I think they run much more TTS now. I am an 8 in dress shoes, 8.5 in Nikes and my cowboy Wyatt's from 13 I think and also my other cowboy SLP boots (kind of like the Lukas but they have western stitching on the toes, I forget the name) they are size 40 and fit fine. I just got a pair of Wyatt Harnesses and had to go with a 41.5 with those, so I do think the newer boots run much more TTS.

Bling

Reaction score
I saw some comments on sizing of various SLP boots like the Wyatt's and Lukas. I think they run much more TTS now. I am an 8 in dress shoes, 8.5 in Nikes and my cowboy Wyatt's from 13 I think and also my other cowboy SLP boots (kind of like the Lukas but they have western stitching on the toes, I forget the name) they are size 40 and fit fine. I just got a pair of Wyatt Harnesses and had to go with a 41.5 with those, so I do think the newer boots run much more TTS.

I’m a size 10 in Adidas and wear 42.5 in Wyatt Chelsea. Bought them last summer.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them before. They look to have an excellent selection of classics but everything is marked about 15-20% lower than the official site. How do they do that and remain profitable? Makes me a touch suspicious, but I'd hold out for anyone directly in the know.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads