• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably take a look. Ended up getting that black shearling tailored and loving it even more if possible. Wearing it with a white chunky cashmere knit from Saint Laurent today for a little bit of contrast and because of the blistering cold.

I'll see if I can snap a pic although chunky sweater is not my usual get-up.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably take a look. Ended up getting that black shearling tailored and loving it even more if possible. Wearing it with a white chunky cashmere knit from Saint Laurent today for a little bit of contrast and because of the blistering cold.

I'll see if I can snap a pic although chunky sweater is not my usual get-up.
Yeah you should do that, I'd like to see it.

The women's photos are up on vogue as well.

I feel like Vaccarello does womenswear so much better than Hedi. That being said, 98% of women I don't think could wear any of this stuff, so it's like engaging in an academic discussion. I'm not even sure if some of this stuff is legal to wear in teh USA. The collection feels very throwback to the sixties, which I wholeheartedly support. The bicycle shorts (I don't know what to call them), look atrocious to me though. And Jesus, the models he employs are beautiful.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, I was thinking the same thing about the models! I just looked at the pics and couldn't tell if I loved the show or the models or both. I'm a sucker for looks such as theses:

1608050145690.png

1608050201059.png

1608050224204.png

photoryan

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the color difference between Mushroom/New Cigaro and Tobacco? They look virtually identical to me in the product shots I've seen, but New Cigaro might be slightly darker?

Mark Carpentier

Reaction score
Hello,

Iam looking for these Chelsea Boots in size EUR 46.
It’s probably a longshot but maybe someone has an address where I can find these?
6B235135-F6E6-4FDC-9586-699C0D6A39E7.jpeg

Gooly001

Reaction score
Picked up this blazer (tag says it’s 2014) and it’s a bit too tight for me to button up. Got it for a steal price and was wondering if I should keep it. Thoughts?
tks

Attachments

• 7154193C-5D1B-43CE-92D1-1C19744F5726.jpeg
    7154193C-5D1B-43CE-92D1-1C19744F5726.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 175
  • CE24F673-0BF7-4376-A7D7-1641FD2C5667.jpeg
    CE24F673-0BF7-4376-A7D7-1641FD2C5667.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 196

rokor

Reaction score
DCF28F4D-6F5B-452B-B47F-BCA4A2BEFA87.jpeg

Another sizing question. I just got this XXL shearling lined trucker and its great, if I was into the oversized look. Should I keep this to layer with or sell it and find something my actual size?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same, and am wearing it today! I had it tailored a touch to have the sleeves lowered a couple cm, but your sleeve length looks spot on. How tall are you? I've never heard of someone getting XXL in SL before, haha! (I went XS, which is TTS for me and it fits great.)

It's probably my favorite piece. Super warm, gets lots of compliments, very easy to slip on and off, and is a touch dressier than the usual trucker denim because of the darker color and very high-end shearling, black leather, brass button details.

It doesn't look that oversized on you to me. I'd probably go down to XL/L, because I see the shoulder seeping a touch, but nothing huge and may be the pose.

rokor

Reaction score
Surprisingly the shoulders aren't too bad on this one irl. I usually take a 50 so I was expecting something roomier but this can probably only handle a sweater underneath. I'll post photos of said fit a bit later, I haven't tried it yet to be honest. I just really wanted to wear this with just a tee underneath, I'm not convinced it looks as good as it can.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3712.JPG

Hey, guys thoughts on this SLP trucker. The shoulders fit perfectly for me since I have enough space to layer a sweater or flannel. Just wish it was a bit longer like the two suede trucker shearlings from this season or the black leather one from SS19. I'm still debating whether to keep or sell it. I like the fit of the black shearling up top looks good. It doesn't look like your swimming in it. You could size down one if you want

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you are tall. That looks incredibly cropped on you. If you button it up is there space between your waistband and the bottom of the jacket? It looks like it might from the second pic. I think it looks good, but if you're not going for a cropped look I would pass it on.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Was thinking the same thing and there is space if I button it up. The jacket would be perfect if it was maybe 2 inches longer. My fw13 L01 feels longer than this one

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think with a warm jacket like that you wouldn't want to have it so cropped, since it wouldn't keep your waist area warm if you were outside.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics