• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Somatic

Reaction score
Tried on a couple of riders at the SLP store today. They are absolutely tiny, could barely get into the 52, and the sleeves were a good two, three inches short.
Hope I'm not coming off as rude... but what's your height/weight? Do you normally wear a size large?

I'm considering one of their double riders myself, but I haven't heard anything about them being undersized until now.

Randeep

Reaction score
New collection is up on luisaviaroma, including the zip biker jeans. It's hard for me to take an objective stance on how 'nice' the jeans collection is when styled with those ridiculous looking flat crepe shoes though, looks completely wrong IMO.

Kryptxnite

Reaction score
any word on how the fw14 15.5s from ysl.com fit compared to fw13 and ss14? I'm a 32 in fw13 and something between a 30 and 31 in s14. what i care most about is waist measurement

thank you
smile.gif

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've seen them in person, very good. I can tell that the soles are stitched/nailed not glued, of course, and the leather quality was great. Made in Italy.

I wouldn't say they're as good as John Lobbs, but I don't think you'd expect that right.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also 5'11 and own a couple of jackets and a blazer. Usually go with 50-52 and I too found the current season Leathers to be ridiculously cropped and boxy. Could just be my body type or the type of jackets (all were biker/riders), but I don't remember the first and second season leathers fitting me like that.
Judging from previews the f/w moto seems to be a little more suited to my body type so hopefully that ones not as small.

Last edited:

Zipster1

Reaction score
I bought the blakes... its ok i do feel the leather is buttery and thin, i think im kind of the hard leather kind of person...would prefer thicker leather for the shoes

keanswon

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm letting go of my black stained "holey" jeans (15.5 cm's) from AW13.
they're size 29, and I need 28. perfect condition.
I'm about to list it up for sale, so check it out/let me know if any of you are interested.
I'm also interested in trades for the same pair in 28 or the ripped bleached/light blue 15.5 cm's in 28.

here are runway pics of the jeans:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm getting ready to get my first pair of 15.5s. Looking for a wash somewhere between raw and light.

I'm familiar with the fit of the 17.5s as I have a pair of black and indigo. But for a guy with still a bit of extra weight in the middle and thicker thighs than some, should I go TTS or size down expecting some stretch?

I'll be shopping on the phone with the 57th ave store so I'm not sure what the styles are called for that perfect medium wash.

Edit: my 17.5s in indigo in 34 are already too big for me so I'm thinking 33 or maybe even 32.

Thanks!

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS: Just listed my slim fit washed indigo denim jacket (I believe from SS13) in the marketplace. Only wore it once. The shoulders are a bit wide for me but otherwise it's a perfect jacket. Size XXL (but it's a slimmer fit, of course).

Thatsteez

Reaction score
Guys, I'm getting ready to get my first pair of 15.5s. Looking for a wash somewhere between raw and light.

I'm familiar with the fit of the 17.5s as I have a pair of black and indigo. But for a guy with still a bit of extra weight in the middle and thicker thighs than some, should I go TTS or size down expecting some stretch?

I'll be shopping on the phone with the 57th ave store so I'm not sure what the styles are called for that perfect medium wash.

Edit: my 17.5s in indigo in 34 are already too big for me so I'm thinking 33 or maybe even 32.

Thanks!
If TTS is what you can just manage to get on, I'd do that. It'll feel extremely constricting at first, almost unmovable for anyone not the build of Hedi's models. I sized up on my 15.5 MIJ. Wished I stayed TTS because they certainly do stretch to a great fit after a few wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads