• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had rubber half soles added on my blake 30 cropped jodhpurs which I wear as an everyday beater shoe. I had it done by Classic Shoe Repairs in London, who were recommended to me by the YSL Bond Street store, and who do the Bond Street store's re-soles etc. They also do a lot of work for other high end labels, and I have to say they did a great job (I've had rubber half soles added by other places before, but they made it look really sleek, and they're staying completely stuck whereas others have started peeling a little at the front with wear). Mine are holding up fantastically considering what I put them through, and I anticipate being able to replace the rubber half sole and heel at least once before a full re-sole. I tend to be hard on soles around the toe, so having the rubber added is a necessity for me, otherwise they'd hardly last five minutes.

OakGhost

Reaction score
looks good

"which I had them bring in an inch for a super skinny fit" < by them you mean the YSL boutique will do this for you [at cost]? What point on the leg did you get start tapering them - I'm guessing from the knee downwards?
Ya, I brought them in one inch below the knee. If you buy the jeans from a SLP shop alterations are complimentary. The Tailor was concerned that they would be to slim but its perfect..they were a tad loose around the ankle on me. I will for sure be doing the same on the raw hems I have on order and the bikers when I pull the trigger next month.

neonrider

Reaction score

ss15 destroyed
santiag harness

Prudy

Reaction score
@kieran84 thanks! that's super helpful, I'll look into that.

@neonrider looks good, the santiags are badass. Get mine tomorrow...

Thatsteez

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question about SLP boot care.

I am thinking of taking in my new Wyatts to get something added to the bottoms to preserve them a bit. Any recs on what material to use, have any of you done this in anticipation of them wearing out at some point?

Cheers...
Had a cobbler throw vibram rubber half soles on all mine.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, quick question about SLP boot care.

I am thinking of taking in my new Wyatts to get something added to the bottoms to preserve them a bit.  Any recs on what material to use, have any of you done this in anticipation of them wearing out at some point?

Cheers...

Sent mine to B Nelson. They heel balance and added a rubber heel (lopped off some of the leather layer to ensure heel height matches factory height) and they slapped on vibram half sole

neonrider

Reaction score
thanks, the bonus is they're both comfy and tough enough for city life.

as for boot care, vibram. especially wyatts. the blake sole's pretty delicate. you'll end up having to resole the whole thing, which can mess up the shape of the shoe if the cobbler's not so experienced, otherwise. it can be quite a pain.

and don't put leathers in a dust bag. just leave them somewhere cool, dark, and dry.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish the suede had the harness too now. Looking good there though. My suede come in tomorrow If they clear customs tomorrow.

newera90

Reaction score
thanks, the bonus is they're both comfy and tough enough for city life.

as for boot care, vibram. especially wyatts. the blake sole's pretty delicate. you'll end up having to resole the whole thing, which can mess up the shape of the shoe if the cobbler's not so experienced, otherwise. it can be quite a pain.

and don't put leathers in a dust bag. just leave them somewhere cool, dark, and dry.
Can you post some photos of your boots with vibram? I just cant imagine how does it looks like....Thx!

newera90

Reaction score
I've had rubber half soles added on my blake 30 cropped jodhpurs which I wear as an everyday beater shoe. I had it done by Classic Shoe Repairs in London, who were recommended to me by the YSL Bond Street store, and who do the Bond Street store's re-soles etc. They also do a lot of work for other high end labels, and I have to say they did a great job (I've had rubber half soles added by other places before, but they made it look really sleek, and they're staying completely stuck whereas others have started peeling a little at the front with wear). Mine are holding up fantastically considering what I put them through, and I anticipate being able to replace the rubber half sole and heel at least once before a full re-sole. I tend to be hard on soles around the toe, so having the rubber added is a necessity for me, otherwise they'd hardly last five minutes.
Can I have the address and approximate price please? I just bought the wyatt and really want do something to protect it. Would you mind to post some photos after its done? Thx!!

KYeezy

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads