• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the raw hem jeans feel tighter at the waist because the rise is quite a bit higher. wear them a little lower around the hips for a bit and they should give; they're just raw denim with a light coating.

and yes, the various coated jeans stretch quite a bit, usually as much as the raws, which is what they essentially are, much more so than the regular washed denim...

hth.

Thanks. Didn't realize they were raw when I ordered. I think I'm going to return them. The break in process is too long since I don't wear them often. I have a JE raw pair and they just now after 9 months feel good. I can't stand sitting down in tight raw jeans. I think I'll get the black destroyed pair instead. I have the 2013 stained pair but the destroyed seem a bit different.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah sitting down especially while eating is quite unconfortable when you size down, and the knees are pretty constricing, they feel so free once i get home and take them off

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah sitting down especially while eating is quite unconfortable when you size down, and the knees are pretty constricing, they feel so free once i get home and take them off

Lol exactly. Not having any of that. If I'm wearing skinny jeans they have to have stretch in them. Raw and skinny are a no go for me.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates on your Khaki 'jacket'? I still want to buy it trying to find it.

I pre-ordered the dark green/black jacket, but I actually cancelled it after checking out the Khaki sample in person. It's very nice, fabric looks wavy and has a shimmer, but is not much thicker than the western twill shirt and couldn't even attempt to layer anything underneath (defintely not one of the flannels or sweaters, as I was originally hoping for). I like the cut of it, especially how it looks on LVR but I would only consider it at half off for what it is considering what you're getting.

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also tried the raw hem denim.. They're great, but if you already have the FW14 Black Jeans you can just taper those and get some scissors to cut the hems yourself and save yourself the extra $1-200. They'll crease and fold like that after a few weeks of wear and a hand wash. They do look cool though if you don't want to do any of the work yourself.

Also got a couple t-shirts, overdyed grey pocket t is awesome. LNCC has the best price on it. A good deal, very luxurious looking, almost like silk with a gum feeling wax and the cut is cool cause it stops at the hips and has longer sleeves. Bruce connor shirts are both dope. Vintage band tee style, not crazy about the cut but i'm still settling in mine but have washed it a few times and it comes out a little nicer after a couple of washes. the print is very nicely printed on.. not sure how they did it but you can see the print inside out.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered the dark green/black jacket, but I actually cancelled it after checking out the Khaki sample in person. It's very nice, fabric looks wavy and has a shimmer, but is not much thicker than the western twill shirt and couldn't even attempt to layer anything underneath (defintely not one of the flannels or sweaters, as I was originally hoping for). I like the cut of it, especially how it looks on LVR but I would only consider it at half off for what it is considering what you're getting.

Seriously? So you can only wear a thin shirt underneath then? I had an outfit planned with a black blazer underneath, black jeans, boots..I mean it does say its oversized on the website. Could we perhaps upsize 1?

This is the similar one with detailing on the back and obviously much more costly, you say its way more fitted?

Are there any alternatives (other brands ok)?

Thanks

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously? So you can only wear a thin shirt underneath then? I had an outfit planned with a black blazer underneath, black jeans, boots..I mean it does say its oversized on the website. Could we perhaps upsize 1?

This is the similar one with detailing on the back and obviously much more costly, you say its way more fitted?

Are there any alternatives (other brands ok)?

Thanks

No that's a completely different piece and a little heavier. I don't think it's worth $2k but its much more structured. This is the one i'm talking about -

I tried my regular size and it was definitely tight so I imagine you could size up. It's intended to be a spring jacket, but feels like the western shirts but in jacket form. Still a cool piece, but again, something i'll wait out for a sale, even though I've been told that YSL boutiques won't be receiving this color.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks like a DIY project after making a trip to the Salvation Army and Michael's arts and crafts store
2lksmkw.jpg

my mom bought this blouse at Talbots like 2 years ago
2ur80tg.jpg

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
Is anyone able to comment on sizing for these hybrid calf leathers w/ ponyskin? I know my size in the classic biker from SLP, but if anyone has tried this jacket I'd love to know what you thought about the sizing. Seems like some of the leathers from FW14 were boxier than others, while some remained more fitted.

Cheers -

BruceWayne91

Reaction score
The Studded Striped Linen Poncho sold out pretty quickly on MrPorter. Thought it was weird and overpriced at first but now I want one...

TRICK20

Reaction score

Farfetch

Ssense

These new SL/10 with calf hair look really nice and apparently the patterns are very unique so better buy in store

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
This looks like a DIY project after making a trip to the Salvation Army and Michael's arts and crafts store
2lksmkw.jpg

my mom bought this blouse at Talbots like 2 years ago
2ur80tg.jpg
Then it should be pretty easy for you to make!

It's pretty hard to defend that tunic unless you're appearing on Game of Thrones or Galavant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads