• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
haha I skateboard, wouldn't give that up for anything :D

let's see if I can stretch these out with daily wear and sleeping in them for a week.

...so you're going to sleep in the size 30 for a week and if they still aren't your cup of tea return them back for some other poor sod to buy whilst you keep the pristine 31? O_O

IME, if you can get them on, and can button them (even with difficulty) then they'll be good enough and will deffo stretch.

my thighs are pretty built too and i get on fine -- even with older season jeans which are incredibly fitted all the way through the leg (so much so that the first couple of wears i felt nauseous due to how tight they were around my legs) but the tightness you're foreseeing being a problem is something you get used to.

Randeep

Reaction score
Looking for this shirt in the thicker 90/10 Wool/Nylon blend (rather than the 100% wool), I swear I saw it at an online retailer but now I can't find it... any help would be appreciated.

i got this in the private sale from the official site but in the 100% wool version - i'm returning as a) didn't realise the wool would feel that itchy b) the colour is not as eye catching as i'd hoped it'd be and c) it fits tight around the arms and couldn't button it up (i bought size L, the same as my nashville with the popper buttons, guess this runs smaller).

edit: mrporter has a 90/10 blend but in the black/grey colour

Last edited:

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
i got this in the private sale from the official site but in the 100% wool version - i'm returning as a) didn't realise the wool would feel that itchy b) the colour is not as eye catching as i'd hoped it'd be and c) it fits tight around the arms and couldn't button it up (i bought size L, the same as my nashville with the popper buttons, guess this runs smaller).

edit: mrporter has a 90/10 blend but in the black/grey colour

the 100% wool flannels are terrible.

EDIT: I found the 90/10 online.

Last edited:

ChrisN09

Reaction score
from my own experience (not with wool flannels) but the wool in itself is only itchy at first. My wool sweater was dead awful to wear without a tshirt under it, now I enjoy it

therattler

Reaction score
How light is the new light tobacco? Is it anything like the original beige used on cropped jodhpurs from SS13 - SS14? Cheers

I saw the light tabacco on a pair of chelsea's at Bond Street yesterday. To my eyes it looked similar to my cropped jodhpurs from SS14 (not the blake version i.e. no exposed sole). They looked pretty nice I thought, worth a look at least.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw the light tabacco on a pair of chelsea's at Bond Street yesterday. To my eyes it looked similar to my cropped jodhpurs from SS14 (not the blake version i.e. no exposed sole). They looked pretty nice I thought, worth a look at least.

Thanks therattler. That sounds promising. For me the cropped jodhpur in the beige with the gold hardware from SS13 -14 are the sleekest non black suede options they've offered (ocher and tan etc. are a bit western for me), but there's no point holding my breath for that exact colour if these will do the job. Looking at the colour on Ssense, I really like the colour in the photos of the shoes alone, but on the model they look much more tan which I don't really like. Which of the photos would you say is more representative if you don't mind? I'd go down and see them but with Christmas I'm going to struggle to fit it in.

About the jeans, if you need to sleep in them to get them to fit then they are too small in my opinion. Take the size up as they will shrink as soon as you clean them, and in my experience they don't stretch a great deal beyond the initial give in the first 15 -30 minutes of wearing them. They'll also feel tighter as the day goes on and your legs swell.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Thanks therattler. That sounds promising. For me the cropped jodhpur in the beige with the gold hardware from SS13 -14 are the sleekest non black suede options they've offered (ocher and tan etc. are a bit western for me), but there's no point holding my breath for that exact colour if these will do the job. Looking at the colour on Ssense, I really like the colour in the photos of the shoes alone, but on the model they look much more tan which I don't really like. Which of the photos would you say is more representative if you don't mind? I'd go down and see them but with Christmas I'm going to struggle to fit it in.

About the jeans, if you need to sleep in them to get them to fit then they are too small in my opinion. Take the size up as they will shrink as soon as you clean them, and in my experience they don't stretch a great deal beyond the initial give in the first 15 -30 minutes of wearing them. They'll also feel tighter as the day goes on and your legs swell.

Trust the fit pic on the model, I actually bought a pair of tan wyatt harness from SSENSE and the pics with the shoes alone looked exactly like this one you posted
but when I got them they are a lot more tan than they are in the picture. Pretty sure they know most people like the lighter tobacco color than the more tan ones. Otherwise I don't see why they have to photoshop it to make it lighter

Last edited:

ChronBong

Reaction score
Saint Laurent Men's will quickly die after 2 years tops...the new designer is absolute trash and I ******* hate him compared to Heidi...he is sooo much better.

Every new stuff continues to look worse and YSL is gonna lose their "edge" They always had when Slimane was at the helm.

therattler

Reaction score
They looked pretty light to me, definitely not as tan as the SSENSE fit pic. Maybe the colour was a bit washed out under the flourescent lights of the shoe racks. I always find that online retailers saturate their photos a bit. I ended up getting that Tom Ford corduroy collar denim jacket, went on sale at Harrods, but it's a much more faded out blue than any of photos online. Really nice piece though. I'm not a Tom Ford fan really, and don't own anything else from him, but the Japanese selvedge denim and the distressing is beautiful.

I bought the cotton and linen light blue western shirt with the raw hem. Really love it. I never thought a washed out blue would be my colour, but it looks great on. Raw hem is pretty subtle too. The fit is slightly larger than the other four versions I own in a small, but not in a problematic way. I'll be wearing it in Australia for christmas. Lookiung forward to the black and white shadow plaid to come in Jan.

Speaking of western. If AV puts out a brown (tanish) leather version of any of the boots, I will take back everything bad I ever said, and be a loyal customer for as long as I can handle it. Been hunting around real cowboy boot manufacturers for what they call a dress boot in tan leather, and there is nothing. Boulet makes a nice pair with a 40 heel, but the shaft is enormous for my skinny ankles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads