• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think so. Private white and seh kelly is a tad roomy for me in the shoulder. I dont have this issue with the cord work jacket. I will take a pic and update in a month on how it fit in that area for more advice, currently outside the country for now. Honestly, my impression is that if I get some muscle bulking where my shoulder begin to drop, it gonna be fantastic.

Great!

Well, if I might help further on the tailoring and alteration side of things, then let me know.

Since the sleeve of the peacoat is a raglan variant, I believe trimming and then smushing the seams with steam and pressure will let dividends, and you should achieve a soft line over the shoulder without the need for surgery.

Paul

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think so. Private white and seh kelly is a tad roomy for me in the shoulder. I dont have this issue with the cord work jacket. I will take a pic and update in a month on how it fit in that area for more advice, currently outside the country for now. Honestly, my impression is that if I get some muscle bulking where my shoulder begin to drop, it gonna be fantastic.

Ah sounds more like an issue of how it feels and less how it looks? I would defer to Paul on this but if it just amounts visually to an extended should that doesn’t collapse or divot in an unseemly way, then it seems you are good to go. But future pics will help.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It has been another busy day — indeed week — at the factory.

The duffle coat is now complete. We've made them in dark navy and camel, as previously discussed, plus a curve-ball, which is a dark navy "Elysian" cloth from an illustrious cashmere mill in West Yorkshire. It's been many years since we worked with them last, and it's great to be doing something again. The cloth is extremely thick and bouncy and luxurious. We're awaiting a few additional toggles to adorn the duffle coats in this Elysian cloth, as it was a last-minute decision to make them, hence they likely won't be finished nor thus online until November.

The balmacaan in what's now three colours of Donegal box ("Tetris", as I prefer) tweed is also nearing completion. There's the mid-grey, the dark grey / navy, and also a nice pale blue (similar to the cadet blue of the new heavy crewneck; a dusty sort of shade).

The duffle will be online this time next week, and the balmacaan one week after that.

The trench coat is being cut at the moment. That's being made in an elegant but serious and heavy tweed from West Yorkshire. It is faintly and finely speckled, but has a hairy sort of gnarliness about it. There's a dark navy and a dark grey.

The tielocken and Chesterfield are bringing up the rear. Both are to be cut next week. Woollen Bedford cord goes for both of them -- reprising the cloth that we used for the trench coat this time last year, in one previous colour and two new 'uns.

The trench will be online in about three weeks, and the tielocken and Chesterfield early November, I reckon.

I am sure we're making things besides coats, too ...

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome update Paul. Really looking forward to the Chesterfield. This was the last post that I could find on it - is it still an accurate representation?

Also, any update on the shopcoat? :)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome update Paul. Really looking forward to the Chesterfield. This was the last post that I could find on it - is it still an accurate representation?

It requires one more round of development, so has been pushed back until the start of next year (or maybe December).

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
464E0D02-F41F-4FAA-8533-75B6928A575A.jpeg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

And the Chesterfield — yes, that is very representative of the (to be) finished coat.

The cloth on that prototype is monstrously thick, however, and the finished one will be lighter in weight. Come to think of it ...

... is more recent, and the cloth in that photo is closer to the one we've lined up for production.

gnu

Reaction score
Just listed my Ventile Trench in the Buy&Sell. Hoping it will go to someone in here that would appreciate how awesome this coat is and get more use out of it then I am able to.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thoughts on the peacoat...it is an awesome coat. Substantial yet comfy. The fabric is dense but has a nice give to it considering that it is 27oz melton. Shoulders are soft and comfortable, with the interesting half-raglan sleeve. I could go on, but have a look at the pictures on the website for details. Fall temperatures look just around the corner here, so I'll report back on comfortable temperature ranges.

Anyway: I'm ecstatic about it.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thoughts on the peacoat...it is an awesome coat. Substantial yet comfy. The fabric is dense but has a nice give to it considering that it is 27oz melton. Shoulders are soft and comfortable, with the interesting half-raglan sleeve. I could go on, but have a look at the pictures on the website for details. Fall temperatures look just around the corner here, so I'll report back on comfortable temperature ranges.

Anyway: I'm ecstatic about it.

I did not take money for this post.

No quid pro quo!

Thanks for the custom and patience and kind words, sir. The pleasure is as always all mine.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Last question for now... care to share what color of Bedford cord will be returning & what will the newcomers be?

And the Chesterfield — yes, that is very representative of the (to be) finished coat.

The cloth on that prototype is monstrously thick, however, and the finished one will be lighter in weight. Come to think of it ...

... is more recent, and the cloth in that photo is closer to the one we've lined up for production.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clothingg