• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! Is it cotton cambric too and is it more lightweight than the fishing jacket? Also, are there any plans to restock trousers in cotton cambric/sailcloth?

It is a heavier cloth than the cotton cambric, with a slightly more pebbly texture. Like a panama, I guess, or a half panama.

We have a good number of trousers in cotton upcoming — in cotton panama, cotton duck, cotton cavalry twill — and then some in linen. Nothing in cambric or sail-cloth, and I am not sure we will use either cloth for trousers again any time soon, if I look ahead.

WaIIace

Reaction score
It is a heavier cloth than the cotton cambric, with a slightly more pebbly texture. Like a panama, I guess, or a half panama.

We have a good number of trousers in cotton upcoming — in cotton panama, cotton duck, cotton cavalry twill — and then some in linen. Nothing in cambric or sail-cloth, and I am not sure we will use either cloth for trousers again any time soon, if I look ahead.
Thanks. Was looking for the trousers that hold up in the rain...

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. Was looking for the trousers that hold up in the rain...

The cotton duck is excellent in the rain. A very robust cloth, tight weave, and decent water-repellant tendency. Of course, if you encounter a lot of rain or for prolonged periods, it isn't the absolute best. I guess in those situations it would be advisable to opt for trousers made from specifically waterproof or water-resistant materials designed specifically for such conditions.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few more snaps of the fishing jacket in cotton cambric in black.

I think we'll make more items in black this year. I like it more than I thought.

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-3@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-11@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-20@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-19@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-15@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-12@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-21@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-10@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-2@2x.jpg

fishing-jacket-cotton-cambric-black-7@2x.jpg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Away from the world of water-repellency (though now I think about it, not half bad in that respect) here is the SB jacket in sheep-flavour tropical worsted. We've made this jacket once before, and on reflection I'm not sure why we haven't made it more often since, because it is so far up my street it might as well be sat in my kitchen making itself a cuppa.

Wonderful cloth.

sb3-jacket-tropical-worsted-sheep-brown-1@2x.jpg

We will be making trousers in the same cloth in a few weeks.

We'll also be making the SB jacket in linen, as well as with matching trousers, once spring gets underway.

SilentPartner

Reaction score
We'll also be making the SB jacket in linen, as well as with matching trousers, once spring gets underway.
I am unreasonably excited about the linen suit—do you yet know what color it'll be available in? And what rough weight the fabric will be?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am unreasonably excited about the linen suit—do you yet know what color it'll be available in? And what rough weight the fabric will be?

Heartened to hear of your excitement — unreasonable to otherwise.

Dark navy and natural (off-white) are the two colours. The cloth is a medium-weight linen with a very (very) faint and fine hopsack pattern to it.

SilentPartner

Reaction score
Heartened to hear of your excitement — unreasonable to otherwise.

Dark navy and natural (off-white) are the two colours. The cloth is a medium-weight linen with a very (very) faint and fine hopsack pattern to it.
Aha well perhaps I'll go in for the Tropical Worsted, I always love your earthier colors :)

Edit: Quick question—I live in the American Midwest (though I'm actually from Brighton, long story) so I'd like to combine shipping, if I wait until trousers become available will the tropical worsted jacket in small have already flown the coop?

Last edited:

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Away from the world of water-repellency (though now I think about it, not half bad in that respect) here is the SB jacket in sheep-flavour tropical worsted. We've made this jacket once before, and on reflection I'm not sure why we haven't made it more often since, because it is so far up my street it might as well be sat in my kitchen making itself a cuppa.
Wonderful cloth.

View attachment 2136567

We will be making trousers in the same cloth in a few weeks.

That looks really good! I was foiled again by the scarcity of XLs, but maybe I'll have better luck with the linen version

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What about black is speaking to you these days? I tend to avoid it based on somber connotation.

I honestly couldn't say, sorry!

I've given it a good thought, to answer your question, but quickly found myself post-rationalising ... so all I can say is, "because I like it." I don't see it as sombre, though. In the past I've seen it as lacking character and, depending on the cloth, losing out on texture compared to e.g. a charcoal or dark navy. I suppose it lets the design speak for itself, which in a lot of cases, with our more unusual constructions, is a good thing.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some photographs of the raincoat we've been working on: a simple- and indeed quite austere-looking overcoat, which goes all-out in its pursuit of combining a classic form with weather repellency.

It has a saddle shoulder, despite appearances, which softens up the silhouette and gives you much the same sense of movement as a raglan sleeve. And then, like the fishing jacket earlier in the month, there's an extra panel straddling the shoulder, which means two additional layers of cloth to keep out the rain.

raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-2s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-10s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-8s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-3s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-9s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-7s@2x.jpg
raincoat-cotton-cambric-petrol-blue-6s@2x.jpg

It is also fully lined *and* buggy lined, with the former the usual slinky satin to make it a joy to slide on and off the back, and the latter another layer of the cotton cloth, again helping to shield the wearer from the rain.

All in all, all over the top third of the coat, when you include the front which is fully faced with cloth and has quite a wide wrap (8-9cm) you have multiple layers of weatherproof cotton the full circumference of the body.

All this being said, most of the time, hopefully it will blend into the world as a simple overcoat.

raincoat-cotton-cambric-sand-1@2x.jpg

As with the topcoat last year, it is quite pared-back compared to some of our other outerwear, but has that "oh right, yes, that looks good and somehow just right" aspect when you put it on. At least, it does for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads