• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

SirThopas

Reaction score
Took delivery earlier in the week of a pair of the black moleskin trousers. They’re being taken up right now - the eternal downside (and not the only one) of having a fairly large waist and shortish legs. But first impressions are great. The material is so weighty. The attention to detail is great, and I especially love the large, robust pockets.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Took delivery earlier in the week of a pair of the black moleskin trousers. They’re being taken up right now - the eternal downside (and not the only one) of having a fairly large waist and shortish legs. But first impressions are great. The material is so weighty. The attention to detail is great, and I especially love the large, robust pockets.

It is terrifric to hear you like what you've seen so far, and I hope you get plenty of wear out of them once they're back from alteration.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I am looking at your trenchcoats. I can’t work out what would fit me, or if the cut of the coat would suit me. I have around a 40” chest and my waist is around 28”. I’m not sure if one that would fit my shoulders would look a bit baggy around the middle. I wouldn’t want the middle to get overly bunched up pulling it tight with the belt, that wouldn’t look nice and wouldn’t be the silhouette I’d be after either.

Any advice?

If they are sold out in the right size, might these come back sometime?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The trench is as true to size as our other coats — e.g. the peacoat or topcoat — but since it is intended to slipped on easily over other layers, it has a chest measurement one size up from most other styles (the parka and duster are the same in this respect).

If you have a 40 chest then there's really no size I'd be comfortable suggesting other than size M.

Certainly, with regards to the shoulders, there's never been a style of construction less interested in size labels and contours of the human body than the one-piece raglan sleeve. It drapes cleanly (and flatteringly) over whatever stands in its way.

We are making a bunch more of them at the moment, coincidentally, although not the sand colour in size M (due to an unforeseen shortage of cloth).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of one-piece raglan sleeves, here's the duster in dark navy. The sleeves are really wide on this, by the way — it's a real over-everything overcoat.

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-8s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-14s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-20s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-5s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-7s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-9s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-4s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-19s@2x.jpg

duster-cotton-cambric-dark-navy-11s@2x.jpg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the new version of the field jacket, which we've been dabbling with on and off for quite a long time. It's much the same as the older version — its calling cards are the Magyar sleeve (where the side body and sleeve are one and the same) and the loose / floating chest pockets under which runs a drawstring.

It's quite nice to really tighten the drawstring for that pulled-in field jacket look, but with the chest pockets hanging over the top, obvious to the waisted nature below.

Cavalry twill, too, which seems to suit it nicely.

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-6.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-5@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-4@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-11.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-midnight-blue-1@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-3@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-10@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-1@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-8@2x.jpg

field-jacket-cotton-cavalry-twill-olive-9@2x.jpg

PacoPico

Reaction score
Wow, beautiful! Does the collar fold down when unbuttoned or does it stay standing as rigidly as it looks? I have to check out the size chart.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, beautiful! Does the collar fold down when unbuttoned or does it stay standing as rigidly as it looks? I have to check out the size chart.

No, it isn't cut to fold down, although I daresay that as the cloth softens over time, it could be coaxed in that direction.

espen

Reaction score
Good lord, that Duster is amazing. I think that is finally the platonic ideal of a raincoat I've hunted for for years.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to take away from the field jacket discussion but what’s the word on popovers this year? 🙂

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good lord, that Duster is amazing. I think that is finally the platonic ideal of a raincoat I've hunted for for years.

Very heartening to hear!

Thank you.

It is certainly robust against the rain. There's double and triple-layer sections aplenty on this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads