• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apropos very much not of mustard, here's the Chesterfield newly photographed.

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-1s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-2s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-6s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-3s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-7s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-5s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-4s@2x.jpg

chesterfield-merino-hopsack-midnight-blue-long-worn-8s@2x.jpg

I find the profound quality of this cloth can be seen in how the sleeve rumples in various photographs above. It really is one of the finest materials we have ever used, and one could make a sack with it and it'd still be quite wearable. We are likely to use the same cloth again later this year for the British Warm or the revamped tielocken.

In other news, the new field jacket is made, as well as the button-down shirts in needlecord, and the duster (now with hood) is just about complete, too. Busy start to the year!

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Field Jacket be changed from this old model?

Basically the same ... but a cavalcade of tweaks, from the overall fit, to the position and style of the pockets, to the width of the placket, to the shape of the collar ...

We are making it in cotton cavalry twill in midnight blue and olive drab.

Csus2

Reaction score
The rollneck on your fellow in the photos of the chesterfield seems larger and more floppy than I’ve generally seen with the gansey. What’s the deal?

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2102949
View attachment 2102947
View attachment 2102939
View attachment 2102945
View attachment 2102937
View attachment 2102941
View attachment 2102943
View attachment 2102935

I find the profound quality of this cloth can be seen in how the sleeve rumples in various photographs above. It really is one of the finest materials we have ever used, and one could make a sack with it and it'd still be quite wearable. We are likely to use the same cloth again later this year for the British Warm or the revamped tielocken.

In other news, the new field jacket is made, as well as the button-down shirts in needlecord, and the duster (now with hood) is just about complete, too. Busy start to the year!
It looks great, but stock is already depleted on the diminutive side of the spectrum. Will there be more?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It looks great, but stock is already depleted on the diminutive side of the spectrum. Will there be more?

Afraid not, sorry — this is one that was released in August or September, so the stock has indeed dwindled down to not much.

We'll for sure make the Chesterfield again (probably in another cloth) but likely not for a few years.

GoosePepper

Reaction score

View attachment 2102949
View attachment 2102947
View attachment 2102939
View attachment 2102945
View attachment 2102937
View attachment 2102941
View attachment 2102943
View attachment 2102935

Looks beautiful, any new fabrics for the trench coat on the horizon?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks beautiful, any new fabrics for the trench coat on the horizon?

Not new fabrics, no, but we will be making some more in ripstop within a month or two.

We've also been developing new and revised coats for winter that will hopefully fill the niche occupied once by the trench coat in woollen coat. The tielocken is coming back, and we have a couple of other ideas bubbling under — one a woollen wrap style coat, and the other a long and possibly cotton coat (with workwear leanings) also with a belt.

GCTTP

Reaction score
Hello Paul, if I recall correctly you had mentioned that everyone should own a handheld steamer given how useful it is I clearly am misremembering since you mentioned not having one. Before I completely wreck your beautiful garments I wanted to double check with you if it is advisable to use it on a the peacoat and tweed Ulster ?

Can not wait to see the tielocken and the new designs you are working on!

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Paul, if I recall correctly you had mentioned that everyone should own a handheld steamer given how useful it is I clearly am misremembering since you mentioned not having one. Before I completely wreck your beautiful garments I wanted to double check with you if it is advisable to use it on a the peacoat and tweed Ulster ?

Can not wait to see the tielocken and the new designs you are working on!

It sounds like very wise advice so is likely not something I said.

However, I do now own one, and use it occasionally at the workshop while photographing garments before they go on the mannequin. Mostly just to remove little creases from cotton and linen.

If part of a heavy overcoat is misbehaving (like a pocket flap not sitting straight or a collar looking a little bent) then I imagine it would be quite handy. Pump the area full of heat and steam, push and pull the area to get it into shape, and then hold it in that shape until it has cooled and dried (a minute or two).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It might look like the exact same photo posted four times, but there are subtle differences between each one, if you look closely.

peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-new-1s@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-new-2s@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-new-3s@2x.jpg
peacoat-heavy-melton-wool-dark-navy-new-4s@2x.jpg

What can I say? I like the peacoat.

In other news, the field trousers in moleskin, which have been coming next week for about nine consecutive weeks, are now online — or at least, they are in black, with dark brown bringing up the rear.

KeeperEUSC

Reaction score
Paul, had a question for you - do you have any recommendations for the best way approach alterations on the Field Trouser or Work Trouser? I've been buying in L over the past year, and through my legs the fit remains perfect, but as I've been dropping weight I've started to exhaust their stock self-adjusting options and think I probably need to look at giving myself a little more room to adjust.

For the Work Trouser, I was just going to have my tailor add a further hole for the cinch in the back, but for the Field Trousers I worry messing with the buttons isn't a realistic solution.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, had a question for you - do you have any recommendations for the best way approach alterations on the Field Trouser or Work Trouser? I've been buying in L over the past year, and through my legs the fit remains perfect, but as I've been dropping weight I've started to exhaust their stock self-adjusting options and think I probably need to look at giving myself a little more room to adjust.

For the Work Trouser, I was just going to have my tailor add a further hole for the cinch in the back, but for the Field Trousers I worry messing with the buttons isn't a realistic solution.

There are a few tricks you can employ ...

Move over the front buttons (usually the two on the waistband) by 1-1.5cm. It's surprising what a difference that can make to the fit of the trousers without needing any further alteration.

On the field trousers, move over the side-adjuster buttons. Again, this can make a big difference, without really impairing the look of the trousers.

I shouldn't think adding an extra eyelet to the the work trousers will make a world of difference, but it doesn't hurt to try. If you do that, maybe, and then move over the front buttons, you will be in a good place.

After that, taking them in from the rear waistband seam is your best bet. But I'd exhaust the above options first before going down that road.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru