• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Csus2

Reaction score
Paul, have you retired the Kelly-collared shirt? I just noticed that, when one clicks “shirts” on the website, the expanded menu includes standard, spread, button-down, grandpa, etc., but no Kelly Collar.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, have you retired the Kelly-collared shirt? I just noticed that, when one clicks “shirts” on the website, the expanded menu includes standard, spread, button-down, grandpa, etc., but no Kelly Collar.

Only temporarily.

I have a few plans for the Kelly collar (not world-changing plans, but there are some shapes that I want to try) and I haven't yet gotten around to working on them.

Csus2

Reaction score
Ok, well that is a relief. I would have been pretty disappointed if I couldn’t get my hands on more.

Jnarcane

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is something sumptuous about that chalk moleskin. Like you want to rub your face on it.

ghh923

Reaction score
Reluctantly seeing if anyone stateside would care for this XL cardigan in ten ply lambswool. A breathtaking piece never to be seen again. Paul said: “The shawl cardigan, for one, is back again. Made as it is with ten-ply knitted lambswool from Scotland and brandishing a collar of quite pythonic proportions, it is 24-carat kryptonite for those who easily overheat.”

$350 plus shipping. Worn only around house and once in the office.

IMG_9829.jpeg
IMG_9831.jpeg
IMG_9830.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9829.jpeg
    IMG_9829.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 27

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sehkelly, Paul are there going to be any more trousers released?

For sure, sir, yes — there are always trousers to come! We have some in moleskin which will appear on the website in a week or so, and then a bevy of cottons through the first third of the new year, as well as a smattering of linen and possibly some sheep-colour tropical worsted.

easy1uckyfree

Reaction score
I have the field trousers in the medium linen, and I think one downside is that to wear them at my natural waist, the button is holding them up.

Since they don't take a belt, you can see the button is visibly stretched when my shirt is tucked in, if that makes sense.

To fix this, I plan to add an interior button that actually holds them up, so the outside button is mostly for show.

Is there a better solution that you know of?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a better solution that you know of?

Sorry to hear the issue you've encountered with the trouser button / visible stretching when your shirt is tucked in, but your proactive approach to add an interior button sounds quite shrewd.

If you're looking for alternative ideas, one option could be suspenders / braces. They will help distribute the weight of the trousers more evenly, reducing strain on the button and preventing visible stretching. The stretching itself, if it has set into the cloth at the front, can be steamed out using your iron and perhaps some gentle manipulation of the cloth back into shape.

Of course, you could also show them to a tailor, as often seeing the issue in person can better solve it.

I hope this might help a little; feel free to let me know if you have any more questions about it.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, sir, yes — there are always trousers to come! We have some in moleskin which will appear on the website in a week or so, and then a bevy of cottons through the first third of the new year, as well as a smattering of linen and possibly some sheep-colour tropical worsted.
Thanks. I love the look, fit, and function of the trousers. The dress trousers are amazing. I especially love that they are lined. The one suggestion I have is to line the field trousers as well. The wool is a bit scratchy. I am going to take them to a tailor and add a lining.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I love the look, fit, and function of the trousers. The dress trousers are amazing. I especially love that they are lined. The one suggestion I have is to line the field trousers as well. The wool is a bit scratchy. I am going to take them to a tailor and add a lining.

Thanks!

The field trousers are lined, by the way — more or less the same way as the dress trousers.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm. That's weird. I wonder why I find them scratchy. I'll have to check when I get home.

The cloth from which the field trousers are made is certainly more coarse than the dress trousers.

The former is hardy Shetland wool and the latter is merino (mmmmmmerino).

You will at least find that the most ticklesome of the fibres on the Shetland, the ones which stick out from the surface of the cloth and tease your skin, are smoothed away with wear.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madagthom