• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10dence

Reaction score
Paul, what's the recommended wash instructions for the new cotton/silk/linen/wool shirts?

From my mail conversation with Paul:

"But the new ones, which are cotton, silk, wool, and linen altogether -- you'd have to be mad to wash it in the machine, with so much going on, fibre-wise. It feels quite soft and woolly, despite being very lightweight, and I wouldn't do anything other than dry-cleaning it or washing very carefully by hand. It doesn't seem like the sort of cloth that needs frequent washing, thankfully"

icasio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the sanderling and it really is a beauty. The photos are great but seeing it in person is even better.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for making my input here redundant in the nicest possible way!

Here are some photographs of those new shirts. We are happy with how they turned out, as the cloth isn't intended for shirts but rather lightweight, summer suits. It's tremendous material and really nice on the skin, not to mention alive with all sorts of goings-on because of those four different fibres and the interplay between them.

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-blue-5s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-sanderling-7s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-sanderling-6s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-blue-2s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-sanderling-1@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-blue-9s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-sanderling-3s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-sanderling-4s@2x.jpg

shirt-granddad-cotton-silk-linen-wool-blue-3s@2x.jpg

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I can see them now, it says they’re all sold out. I assume that’s cause you’re not finished updating the site rather than them selling out like they’re Taylor Swift tickets? 😂

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can see them now, it says they’re all sold out. I assume that’s cause you’re not finished updating the site rather than them selling out like they’re Taylor Swift tickets? 😂

No, they're not yet fully sold out, rest assured!

What size and colour had in you in mind? I can check what we have in stock.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
No, they're not yet fully sold out, rest assured!

What size and colour had in you in mind? I can check what we have in stock.
Uhmmmm
I have some question about sizing. As you know I got quite a few coats, and I know my fit down to half an inch even . With that being said, is the shoulder measurement from left shoulder seam to right shoulder seam? According to the chart, it looks like I fit into an M, which is 1 size up from my regular S.

Admittedly it is probably due to the broader shoulder and back D:

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Uhmmmm
I have some question about sizing. As you know I got quite a few coats, and I know my fit down to half an inch even . With that being said, is the shoulder measurement from left shoulder seam to right shoulder seam? According to the chart, it looks like I fit into an M, which is 1 size up from my regular S.

It fits true to size ...

... but with regards to the shoulder measurement, it's always best to compare that to other coats of the same style.

For instance, the shoulder measurement on a jacket with a set-in shoulder in a tailored style — where the look is smarter and so the armhole starts at a higher point — will be lower than for a jacket with a more casual or shirt-style set-in shoulder (such as our work jacket or indeed our shirts).

I'm a 39-40 chest, and have a tailored jacket with a shoulder of 17, while my shirts are all about 18.5.

The topcoat is cut as a tailored jacket, but with a bit more space. So the shoulder on the size M is 17.5. It has about half an inch more room across the shoulder than our SB jacket, which is the closest comparison.

If you haven't already, for peace of mind, it might be worth comparing the measurements to a close comparison in your wardrobe, rather than (if you are doing this and apologies if you are not) other coats of ours, none of which have the same style of construction in the shoulder.

In short, it is true to size! But if you want it as a more fully fledged over-everything overcoat, with more space all round, then — sorry to state the obvious! — go up a size.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derinmichel