• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Susurrus

Reaction score
Any more colours coming in the Field trousers?

Hand steamer: any recommendations would be gratefully received.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any more colours coming in the Field trousers?

Hand steamer: any recommendations would be gratefully received.

We do have quite a few colours now at https://www.sehkelly.com/field-trousers/.

The plan is to make some properly heavy woollen ones for winter. Seems like it'd fit the style well.

I don't have a hand-steamer myself, so I can't recommend one myself (I feel more comfortable with an iron that has an intense steam-blast function).

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Btw, how is the cuff for the duffle gonna be designed? Is it button or metal snap? The length gonna be lengthen right? As usual i just wanna shorten the sleeves 😂

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Btw, how is the cuff for the duffle gonna be designed? Is it button or metal snap? The length gonna be lengthen right? As usual i just wanna shorten the sleeves 😂

It'll be the same as last year, with a plain sleeve turned up and felled by hand (so no visible top-stitching).

And then the cuff strap and studs the usual 3-4 inch (guessing) from the end of the sleeve.

If you get it into the hands of a competent tailor or alterations person, you should be able to take off a fair length of sleeve! The stud complicates matters, I know, but at least with the Herdwick tweed there will be less sign of absence than usual.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not very adept at photographing trousers, but when on the other side of the camera, it's a whole different story!

Behold — the field trousers in the cotton-linen panama from Lancashire.

field-trousers-cotton-linen-panama-charcoal-grey-worn-4s@2x.jpg
field-trousers-cotton-linen-panama-charcoal-grey-worn-3s@2x.jpg
field-trousers-cotton-linen-panama-charcoal-grey-worn-2s@2x.jpg
field-trousers-cotton-linen-panama-charcoal-grey-worn-1s@2x.jpg

The cloth is quite soft and brushed, but looking at these photographs, drapes more cleanly than I'd previously given it credit.

shunese

Reaction score
I'm not very adept at photographing trousers, but when on the other side of the camera, it's a whole different story!

Behold — the field trousers in the cotton-linen panama from Lancashire.

View attachment 1809558 View attachment 1809559 View attachment 1809560 View attachment 1809561

The cloth is quite soft and brushed, but looking at these photographs, drapes more cleanly than I'd previously given it credit.
what oxfords are those as pictured in the photo??

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is ... is it okay to talk coats yet?

Here's our first winter coat of the year: the peacoat in heavy British khaki military melton.

It's green in some (most) lights, and more tobacco-like or red-ish in others. It is quite similar to the tobacco-colour melton we used three years ago for the same coat, but thicker, and greener in hue.

pea-khaki-stand-3@2x.jpg

pea-khaki-stand-1@2x.jpg

pea-khaki-stand-2@2x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads