• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ryanair to introduce $30 London/NYC service

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
google maps -> New York, New York to London, England.

read step 24.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's Ryanair's new plan of action, faustian
crackup[1].gif

JB

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
One of the very few reasons I am ashamed to be Irish is Ryanair.
Have you ever flown it? Seriously, I don't get all this hate for RyanAir. So its customers sacrifice comfort and service for the sake of a cheap ticket. Why is this a problem? I've flown ~18 legs on RyanAir over the last four years, and every flight has been exactly what I was looking for--a cheap way to get somewhere new and leave more money in the wallet for actually being there. Every flight is packed, especially the ones to Poland and Latvia and those sorts of places. Unlike the major airlines, they operate in a competitive marketplace, with at least a dozen other low cost carriers. IMO, the more air travel can get rationalized and brought out of the stone age, the better for everyone. Ideally it would look just like train or bus travel, with the ability to walk up ten minutes before the flight and get on board.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
30 bucks huh?

1 seat on 1 plane 1 time.....

And the loss on that ticket will be more than paid for with the publicity value generated by headlines saying "thirty bucks to London" at one end and "fifteen quid to New York" at the other

...not to mention the number of hits on to their site with people who say 'oh well, missed out on the $30, but $500 is a still a good deal, right?"

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.ryanaircampaign.org/

These budgets are great when it all goes fairly smoothly.

They changed my departure time from Venice to the UK by 6 hours and, not unreasonably, offered a refund of all fees paid or a travel credit. I re-booked my flight home with Jet2 from Milan but I'm still waiting for Ryanair to refund my account.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't get all this hate for RyanAir
I think it's sort of like Southwest in the USA. People still fly them for a cheap ticket, but it's really like the Greyhound bus of the sky. Nothing at all but a seat on an airplane.

JB

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
google maps -> New York, New York to London, England.

read step 24.

crackup[1].gif

However, the Google map is inaccurate, it is not the shortest route. The shortest route between NY and London is the great circle route, when projected to a flat 2-D surface the route should move northeast along the coast line toward New Foundland, then passing Greenland just to the south and continuing toward and passing Iceland to the south and then heading south-east to the British Isle.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Each checked bag costs 6 Euros and you pay 9 euros for every kg over the 15 kg allowance. (BA's allowance starts at 23 kg).

But the kicker with Ryan is that if you dont bring a bag, they charge you a 6 euro Express Check In Fee.

Bastards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads