• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How would you guys recommend I size on the Tan Waxed Unlined Supply Jacket if Im a small in Gustin, FIlson etc. Im just a bit worried the RT small will have really long arms compared to my other jackets 

I would refer to RT's fit guide rather than rely on anecdotal recommendations. measure your best fitting jacket and then compare it to RT's fit guide for the supply jacket. some people size up on the supply jacket and some don't

J-R-T

Reaction score
I would refer to RT's fit guide rather than rely on anecdotal recommendations. measure your best fitting jacket and then compare it to RT's fit guide for the supply jacket. some people size up on the supply jacket and some don't

revolve had one left in a small and no other sizes in stock, so i went with the small from there first just in case it doesn't fit because they offer free returns

J-R-T

Reaction score
can i get a fit check on my waxed supply jacket

this is a small, wondering if i should have gone up to medium

The sleeves are slightly long, so that I have to roll up a tiny portion at the end to make them fit. However, it is a slightly tight fit under my armpits, and I'm worried about the length being comically short, especially from the back, but the front as well. Either way for whatever reason the back length is a decent amount shorter than the front length which is kind of dumb, when i sit down the back of the jacket goes 1/4th of the way up my back. I wish this jackets measurements were more like the denim supply jackets, slightly shorter sleeves, slightly longer length. Regardless, this is the unlined version, is the lined version slightly roomier, and longer in length? Should I go to a medium in the unlined?

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score

can i get a fit check on my waxed supply jacket this is a small, wondering if i should have gone up to medium The sleeves are slightly long, so that I have to roll up a tiny portion at the end to make them fit. However, it is a slightly tight fit under my armpits, and I'm worried about the length being comically short, especially from the back, but the front as well. Either way for whatever reason the back length is a decent amount shorter than the front length which is kind of dumb, when i sit down the back of the jacket goes 1/4th of the way up my back. I wish this jackets measurements were more like the denim supply jackets, slightly shorter sleeves, slightly longer length. Regardless, this is the unlined version, is the lined version slightly roomier, and longer in length? Should I go to a medium in the unlined?
Just my opinion, but it looks spot on to me. I wouldn't worry. Great jacket. I have the lined version and it fits similarly.

J-R-T

Reaction score
yup, love the color so much, its not super vibrant but its not bland or muted either, the jacket doesn't fit me 100% perfect but I think he medium would fit even worse, and I can't find any other jacket that looks even somewhat similar to this from any company besides the lined version from RT. and i already have the Filson short cruiser to use as a khaki layering jacket, i wanted a khaki jacket to throw on over just a t shirt. are the sleeves on the lined one shorter?

Last edited:

gambit402

Reaction score

can i get a fit check on my waxed supply jacket this is a small, wondering if i should have gone up to medium The sleeves are slightly long, so that I have to roll up a tiny portion at the end to make them fit. However, it is a slightly tight fit under my armpits, and I'm worried about the length being comically short, especially from the back, but the front as well. Either way for whatever reason the back length is a decent amount shorter than the front length which is kind of dumb, when i sit down the back of the jacket goes 1/4th of the way up my back. I wish this jackets measurements were more like the denim supply jackets, slightly shorter sleeves, slightly longer length. Regardless, this is the unlined version, is the lined version slightly roomier, and longer in length? Should I go to a medium in the unlined?
Jacket looks good. I have the same in large. It's supposed to stretch about a half inch under the arms, but if I lose 10lbs that won't be an issue. I gotta ask...where's the furniture?

J-R-T

Reaction score
Jacket looks good. I have the same in large. It's supposed to stretch about a half inch under the arms, but if I lose 10lbs that won't be an issue. I gotta ask...where's the furniture?

I spent all my money on clothes, so i can't afford furniture.........but my sister just moved out and thats her room so nothings in it anymore

J-R-T

Reaction score
also have you noticed any softening up of the waxed canvas material over time? its definitely stiff/a little uncomfortable on the bare part of my arms when just eating a short sleeve T under

gambit402

Reaction score

also have you noticed any softening up of the waxed canvas material over time? its definitely stiff/a little uncomfortable on the bare part of my arms when just eating a short sleeve T under

I was just giving you a hard time about the furniture lol. I haven't worn mine enough to get it to soften up yet. I was told that after about 10 wears you should get some stretch and the creases in the elbow area will lift the sleeve up a bit.

J-R-T

Reaction score
I was just giving you a hard time about the furniture lol. I haven't worn mine enough to get it to soften up yet. I was told that after about 10 wears you should get some stretch and the creases in the elbow area will lift the sleeve up a bit.

hmmm based on this, i really wish I could try on a medium just to compare the fit differences between that and the small that I have. I have a slight struggle getting the small on with the shoulder length that it has. I feel like my shoulders would fit better in a medium, and if the sleeves raise a little, maybe that would be the better fit overall

breck81

Reaction score

also is this jacket made of a denim material or more of a canvas material?

http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/supply-jacket-stealth-black/

Straight from the website "15oz sanforized black Japanese selvedge denim from Nihon Menpu mills."

Just to add a little to this, he is correct the stealth jacket on the site is denim.

Come fall, word is RgT will be releasing a black waxed canvas jacket. Not sure if it will be lined or unlined, or both. Food for thought.

But the current black jacket offering is selvedge denim.

Inelson

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about picking up a Dark Supply Jacket from RGT and wondered if anyone had experience with the jacket. Mainly how does the weight feel? Is the fit spot on with the typical Supply Jackets or are there and noticeable variances, and how much does it bleed/crock onto what you wear underneath? Sooo basically if I wear White, off-white, or other light tones and I going to turn blue or is it going to be next to no crocking/bleeding?

Hope you all can help :)

victorioussiry

Reaction score
can i get a fit check on my waxed supply jacket

this is a small, wondering if i should have gone up to medium

The sleeves are slightly long, so that I have to roll up a tiny portion at the end to make them fit. However, it is a slightly tight fit under my armpits, and I'm worried about the length being comically short, especially from the back, but the front as well. Either way for whatever reason the back length is a decent amount shorter than the front length which is kind of dumb, when i sit down the back of the jacket goes 1/4th of the way up my back. I wish this jackets measurements were more like the denim supply jackets, slightly shorter sleeves, slightly longer length. Regardless, this is the unlined version, is the lined version slightly roomier, and longer in length? Should I go to a medium in the unlined?

fit looks good to me.
good way to get good measurement on sleeve length is to raise ur arm up to see if it still remains wear your wrist area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads