• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

kthoag

Reaction score
Someone answer this guy's question, please.

TBH i don't think either the 14.5oz or the Dark fabric are the best versions of that type and weight available at that price point. RgT's most interesting fabric is ISC (both), Stealth, unsanf. stubby, RDC, & others before either of those two. That's coming from a die hard RgT fan.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TBH i don't think either the 14.5oz or the Dark fabric are the best versions of that type and weight available at that price point. RgT's most interesting fabric is ISC (both), Stealth, unsanf. stubby, RDC, & others before either of those two. That's coming from a die hard RgT fan.

Thanks

Hiamosey

Reaction score
Dang

I was specifically looking for an overdye/indigo black. It was between the stantons and the pure blue japan/blue owl collabs. Stanton's are on their way.

So we'll see

kthoag

Reaction score
Dang

I was specifically looking for an overdye/indigo black. It was between the stantons and the pure blue japan/blue owl collabs. Stanton's are on their way.

So we'll see

I don't want to sound like I'm dissing my favorite brand. Between the two, the Darks are cooler, no question. I'd wear them hard for 4 or 5 months and then wash them every few months, to see what happens to them. A recent Instagram picture showed cool results doing something similar. But I think RgT will eventually put out a cooler deep/dark indigo or overdyed black jean. At least, I hope so. Till then I'll keep wearing my Stealths, RKs, and various other RgT stuff.

Hiamosey

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like I'm dissing my favorite brand. Between the two, the Darks are cooler, no question. I'd wear them hard for 4 or 5 months and then wash them every few months, to see what happens to them. A recent Instagram picture showed cool results doing something similar. But I think RgT will eventually put out a cooler deep/dark indigo or overdyed black jean. At least, I hope so. Till then I'll keep wearing my Stealths, RKs, and various other RgT stuff.
The Stealth's are definitely on my wish list too. I'll wear these to death and if I'm happy I'll probably end up buying the next dark/overdye. Hopefully something heavier.

Inelson

Reaction score
I'm planning on picking up a pair of Dark Sk's in the spring, if anyone has any strings feelings (good or bad) on the Dark Sk's i'd love to hear them. I don't wear much black, let alone black denim so these jeans will be stepping out of the box for me (yes they're indigo warp, black weft).

Inelson

Reaction score

Are you just really into Black jeans? I've seen a lot of hype and love for the Stealth, I know they're excellent construction and quality (typical of Rgt), but I don't wear black jeans so i'm wondering if i'm missing something.

kthoag

Reaction score
Are you just really into Black jeans? I've seen a lot of hype and love for the Stealth, I know they're excellent construction and quality (typical of Rgt), but I don't wear black jeans so i'm wondering if i'm missing something.

I never was, after this purchase I am. I also have love the ISC fabric, which is near/black in many lights. I just prefer indigoXblack or indigo/indigo (or even indigoXbeige/natural over indigoXwhite. IMO I only need one pair of indigo/white denim jeans and they'd be Cone, just because of the classic fades. Maybe Flat Head. Other than that they're kinda boring.

EDIT also, just to clarify, my love for the Stealths comes from the insane quality/construction, fit (subjective but I love my TTS SKs) murdered out look and, unappreciated because it's hard to photograph, the sweet slubby 15oz denim used. It has come alive after its first wash and I expect to see some cool fades if I keep wearing them hard. Check Dan Rouse and Long Yau on Instagram, they have some cool pics of their Stealths.

There's been more than one ISC?

First run was Cone('s last ISC fabric, apparantly - though the new Levi's for Unionmade double fabric work pants seem to suggest there's some headstock somewhere), the new run is Italian of unconfirmed mill as far as I know.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First run was Cone('s last ISC fabric, apparantly - though the new Levi's for Unionmade double fabric work pants seem to suggest there's some headstock somewhere), the new run is Italian of unconfirmed mill as far as I know.

Do you have the new one? Any impressions ( vs the old one, and in general)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads