• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I am questioning EVERYTHING!!! Sucks to live in po-dunk Ohio where there are literally zero stockists!

Just order both online and return the one you don't want to keep. Problem solved.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

breck81

Reaction score
Just order both online and return the one you don't want to keep. Problem solved.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
+1 Yeah a lot of places have free returns so get one sk and one stanton and then you will be set for future purchases.

I tend to cuff my denim. That helps with snagging on boots. However when seated my jeans rise above boots that are 5-6" high. When i stand they may stack on top, but a quick leg shake and they fall down on the boot. The SKs with the smaller opening will run a greater risk of stacking. It would also depend on the boot in question. With Stantons, IMO, any boot goes. i.e. Cowboy, Whites(Semi-Dress, Bounty Hunter), Viberg, Alden(Indy, Plain Toe, WIngtip, etc.). With SKs, I think all are welcome, except maybe cowboy boots. Those leg openings may be tough getting over the wide boot opening. Just my thoughts.

Inelson

Reaction score
The size charts support that, it just seems counterintuitive. How do your SK's fit over a pair of boots, for example.
Well keep in mind these jeans are largely based off of what Karl received during his custom business but he is also biased to make the jeans based on how he chooses for them to fit. The stanton is mean't to be slim-straight, slim fitting obviously with the look of a straight leg from top to bottom, very well fitting looking jeans. The Sk is skinny, it doesn't try and say it isn't. Karl like many (including myself) prefer to not struggle with skinny jeans in the waist/top block and therefore choose a carrot look.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 Yeah a lot of places have free returns so get one sk and one stanton and then you will be set for future purchases.

I tend to cuff my denim. That helps with snagging on boots. However when seated my jeans rise above boots that are 5-6" high. When i stand they may stack on top, but a quick leg shake and they fall down on the boot. The SKs with the smaller opening will run a greater risk of stacking. It would also depend on the boot in question. With Stantons, IMO, any boot goes. i.e. Cowboy, Whites(Semi-Dress, Bounty Hunter), Viberg, Alden(Indy, Plain Toe, WIngtip, etc.). With SKs, I think all are welcome, except maybe cowboy boots. Those leg openings may be tough getting over the wide boot opening. Just my thoughts.

I would agree with this re fit over boot brands. I would not wear the SK with cowboy boots. Not saying it's wrong - just not me! haha

My next pair will probably be the Stanton, but having "skinny" runners legs below the knee I really like the SK since it doesn't strangle my stuff at the same time.

breck81

Reaction score
I would agree with this re fit over boot brands. I would not wear the SK with cowboy boots. Not saying it's wrong - just not me! haha

My next pair will probably be the Stanton, but having "skinny" runners legs below the knee I really like the SK since it doesn't strangle my stuff at the same time.
Yeah I love Cowboy boots, but i don't think they'd fit under my SKs. I don't have the skinniest calves so not much extra room for a cowboy boot. I will leave the Cowboy boots to the Stantons.

Reaction score
I bit the bullet, so to speak, and finally picked up a pair of the 16.75 oz Stantons. There is a bit more starch and treatment than I am used to. Does anyone recommend a pre-treatment of some sort before regular wear (soak, etc)?

Vielen Dank.

Last edited:

Beane

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not the best pic but the only on I have at the moment.

Thanks a lot, I love the model, but by looking at pictures in different web stores, the jacket look to me a bit... I not sure how to call this, its like the blanket lining makes the jacket a bit wavy in the sleeves, not very uniform, but it does not look that way on you.

breck81

Reaction score
@Beane The sleeves are not blanket lined. They are satin lined, i believe. You get some honey combing in at the elbow and down the forearm a bit, but not "wavy".

breck81

Reaction score

Random but where can I get that jacket?

I'm sure inventory is getting slim, but check with:

Snake Oil Provisions
Berkeley Supply
General Quarters
Wheat and Co
Need Supply
Standard and Strange
Rogue Territory
Denim Bar
Cultizm
...and many more

Just Google "Rogue Territory Waxed Supply Jacket". Not hard to do.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
I'm sure inventory is getting slim, but check with:

Snake Oil Provisions
Berkeley Supply
General Quarters
Wheat and Co
Need Supply
Standard and Strange
Rogue Territory
Denim Bar
Cultizm
...and many more

Just Google "Rogue Territory Waxed Supply Jacket". Not hard to do.
rgt still has all sizes in stock

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads