• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lots of great combos lately - I have to single out Justin for being a wild and crazy guy.

Thats me! I appreciate it! I try to keep it simple in comparison to when I first started. I used to wear the crazy striped and patterned socks with patterned trousers. I need simple and bright colors in my wardrobe.

I do really really like OTC socks now though. I just need to find out where I can get them without having to pay $30-$40 a pair

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Dear Justin, I sympathise; considering the shoes you rock on here, it's a wonder you've money left for bread.

Mazarin and Gammarelli are cheaper than most quality brands (available from www.meschaussettesrouges.com); if you like solids then the colours are great and so is the quality - I have several pairs from both makers and they're my staples. For really cheap OTCs, try www.viccel.com maybe. I have to say the extra-fine pairs I got were not great - shrunk a bit and not resilient - but those who have tried the heavier lines seem very happy. For super-endurance quality, take a look at www.blacksocks.com They only do black, grey and one colour per season (some kind of green is the current one), but they're nice, indestructible and never fall down. And surprisingly cheap.

All three have great customer service.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alden Ravello NST
Marcoliani Argyle OTC
Epaulet Duck Walt

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Justin, I sympathise; considering the shoes you rock on here, it's a wonder you've money left for bread.

Mazarin and Gammarelli are cheaper than most quality brands (available from www.meschaussettesrouges.com); if you like solids then the colours are great and so is the quality - I have several pairs from both makers and they're my staples.  For really cheap OTCs, try www.viccel.com maybe.  I have to say the extra-fine pairs I got were not great - shrunk a bit and not resilient - but those who have tried the heavier lines seem very happy.  For super-endurance quality, take a look at www.blacksocks.com  They only do black, grey and one colour per season (some kind of green is the current one), but they're nice, indestructible and never fall down.  And surprisingly cheap.

All three have great customer service.  

I'm gonna have to check them out for sure. My preference is the thinner the better.

null_zpsf0249115.jpg

Bontoni
Pantherella
MTM HF soot

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Of those I mentioned, I'd say go for Mazarin in cotton then. Viccel do an even lighter one, but too flimsy I think. (love that suit btw!)

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thats me! I appreciate it! I try to keep it simple in comparison to when I first started. I used to wear the crazy striped and patterned socks with patterned trousers. I need simple and bright colors in my wardrobe.

I do really really like OTC socks now though. I just need to find out where I can get them without having to pay $30-$40 a pair

nephew,
good luck on your search for quality otc for under 32. if you find please share with us. i have not been successful

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#8 ptb
argyles otc

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads