• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to Japan on a trip. Any tips on RJ shopping at a discount?

If you're okay with second hand, your chances of finding something for a lower price goes up, assuming that you're not a bigger size.

Otherwise, it will be cheaper at retail there vs North America for the usual reasons. But if you're above 42 in traditional RJ sizing then you may have a tough time finding anything OTR. I imagine MTM is there if you want that.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind going second hand. I am a 38 to 40. Is my best bet just walking into second hand stores? Guessing there is a lot in Japan.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For whatever it is worth, part of The Armoury value proposition is their fabric selections. I have been to the Ring shop in Tokyo once or twice, and some of the stuff was a bit #menswear. So, I don't view it as only cut differences that The Armoury provides.

herrlepe

Reaction score
Hi I've read the thread a bit and saw some variation in the sizing for ring jacket bought from the armoury and Andrea Seoul.

I wear a Size 48 in the Armoury's Model 3 but I'm looking to buy a suit from Andrea Seoul, based on the measurement charts, Model 3 size 48 is a size 50 Ring Jacket from Andrea Seoul. I contacted them too and they said I should still go with a size 48.

Should I go with a size 48 or size up?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I've read the thread a bit and saw some variation in the sizing for ring jacket bought from the armoury and Andrea Seoul.

I wear a Size 48 in the Armoury's Model 3 but I'm looking to buy a suit from Andrea Seoul, based on the measurement charts, Model 3 size 48 is a size 50 Ring Jacket from Andrea Seoul. I contacted them too and they said I should still go with a size 48.

I would stick with the measurements, and go with a size 50 from Andrea Seoul. I've not ordered anything from Andrea Seoul (yet), but I have ordered directly from Ring Jacket in the past, and have had to go up from my regular Armoury size. The Japanese RJs and AS's appear to be the same measurements, and would order a size up from them too.

herrlepe

Reaction score
I would stick with the measurements, and go with a size 50 from Andrea Seoul. I've not ordered anything from Andrea Seoul (yet), but I have ordered directly from Ring Jacket in the past, and have had to go up from my regular Armoury size. The Japanese RJs and AS's appear to be the same measurements, and would order a size up from them too.
thank you

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Size up

ant922599

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm not that active on this particular thread, but do occasionally contribute on some of the shoe threads.

I have a few RJ jackets, but have just taken delivery of a Meister jacket, bought from eBay (don't judge!), that I'm not particularly happy with and would appreciate some help from those more informed about this range.

Apart from some stains and marks not pointed-out in the listing, I think a fair bit of the stitching around the hem and up the vent is totally loose/cut - again, not pointed-out at all.

I know the Meister range has some hand-stitching, but is this normal on this particular jacket?

Attachments

• 20230426_125029.jpg
    20230426_125029.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230426_125036.jpg
    20230426_125036.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 20230426_125053.jpg
    20230426_125053.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 20230426_130141.jpg
    20230426_130141.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 456
  • 20230426_130217.jpg
    20230426_130217.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 466

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the Ring side, no, unless the tailor was (very) drunk at the bench whilst sewing.

Everything else sounds like eBay issues, for better or worse.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Japan in a couple of days. If anybody has any recommendations for second stores that may carry RJ it would be much appreciated

RozenKristal

Reaction score
I'm 50 in Armoury RJ. Never tried 184. Lamarche LMH-06 is similar to Ring Meister, I am size 52. I have a size 50 and it's slim.
Casa Del Sarto I am 50 and it fits a tad roomy around back blade.
Hah, thanks for your comment. I got the La Marche HandGrade 06 sizing according to your comment and it was spot on. Casa is 1 size you say, everything measurements are pretty comparable to RJ non Armoury 1 size up?

tmsgks

Reaction score
Hah, thanks for your comment. I got the La Marche HandGrade 06 sizing according to your comment and it was spot on. Casa is 1 size you say, everything measurements are pretty comparable to RJ non Armoury 1 size up?
How was the experience with Lamarche?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads