• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wings GT vs. Alden Indy (with pics)

Brutus

Reaction score
I've got narrow feet so I just got a narrower size (+1/2 size down). The size options on the Indy are countless.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Well, bumping this to the top. Here's my brand new Alden Indy's after some special treatment with Pecard's leather dressing. Enjoy.

Library-664.jpg

Library-665.jpg

Library-667.jpg

Damn! I was set on getting the brown Indys from Blackbird until I saw these.

dredey

Reaction score
I know in the first part of this thread there was a size comparison between the RW GT and Indys. Anyone has a size comparison between the two?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those shoes (mine)^ are about 2 years old now, and I have to say, even though I love the look of the chromexcel Indy's on the internet, I think I still prefer my 405's better (having tried on the 404's in person). The heels are pretty worn down so I am considering putting a commando sole on them, or I may save money and just replace the heel. It's gonna be a tough call.

dredey

Reaction score
J Crew Redwing Beckman GT. I just got these and love them. The brown is a very rich brown and buttery soft and thick.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dredey
I know in the first part of this thread there was a size comparison between the RW GT and Indys. Anyone has a size comparison between the two?

I'm 7.5D in both. Both fit snug and should stretch out with some time

triumphman

Reaction score
Amlai... Have any recent photos of your #8 Indys after the restoration which was a few years back? Would love to see how the look now!

amlai

Reaction score
I got them restored in March '09. Haven't taken any recent pictures. Will see what I can do, but the light these days is pretty bad. Here's a picture from a year ago:
img2746sized.jpg

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I never used to care for the Indy's much. but this thread is making want a pair badly. The cigar shell and #8 look incredible once broken in.

ekso

Reaction score
I got them restored in March '09. Haven't taken any recent pictures. Will see what I can do, but the light these days is pretty bad. Here's a picture from a year ago:
img2746sized.jpg

Is it possible to get Alden Indys these days without the white contrast stitching? Yours look beautiful, but I can't find any like them still on the market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads