• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Newberry

Reaction score

So I ordered the Blacksmith in billy beige from Nordstrom during the Anniversary Sale in July and wore them twice before I realized that the grain on the left boot was jacked up and loose. Sent a photo to RW customer service and was told that they'd replace the boots but all they had to choose from was the selection from their site. Saw that Nordstrom was out of stock in my size on their site so haven't talked to them at all. I'm somewhat disappointed but I think the Copper Rough and Tough version should be a solid replacement.
255d18a23880c85b214d700d296c5b66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to a local Nordstrom store, if you can, and they can check if another Nordstrom around the country has your size in stock. I've ordered a lot like that even after seeing none of my sizes online. Worst case scenario, they just give u store credit. You have nothing to lose. Nordstrom has awesome customer service.

spedrunr

Reaction score
So I ordered the Blacksmith in billy beige from Nordstrom during the Anniversary Sale in July and wore them twice before I realized that the grain on the left boot was jacked up and loose. Sent a photo to RW customer service and was told that they'd replace the boots but all they had to choose from was the selection from their site. Saw that Nordstrom was out of stock in my size on their site so haven't talked to them at all. I'm somewhat disappointed but I think the Copper Rough and Tough version should be a solid replacement.
255d18a23880c85b214d700d296c5b66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnakeDoctor

Reaction score

When you say "jacked up and loose", are you referring to the variation of creases from the left to right boot? Or does it feel like completely different leather?

Quote:
It's not just the variation in the creasing, but the texture and wrinkled way in which it's creasing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matthewh

Reaction score
Beginning new break-in: 3140 Oro-Iginal Chukka.
The first pair I ordered was shorter and narrower than my current chukka boots. This pair is
even narrower than the first, but they're the same length as my 3141 so they fit my narrow feet ok.
Can't imagine someone with a wider foot wearing this pair. Kind of surprised that Red Wing isn't
more consistent from pair to pair using the same last.

The leather on these (including the footbed) is thicker and stiffer than my 3141 Briar Oil Slick.
(More uncomfortable break-in so far.)

pvoytko

Reaction score

Second week breaking in these new oxblood iron rangers

I had a pair of amber harnesses for five years; forgot how painful these are to break in

God i love that color

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
Anyone check out the red wing pop up shop in SOHO? they're supposed to have a few overseas limited editions available so I may head down at some time this week

Jortuno

Reaction score

if you google it appears that this pop up shop was open only in September and is not closed?

The closing date was extended until the 31st of October. Perhaps the site you visited didn't update its info to reflect this. I visited the store yesterday so I am sure of this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads