• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

ClassAct

Reaction score

If your pinky toe is getting squished, how in the world is the length "fine"?

Well it's getting squashed from the side not the front of the boot. If the length was any more then my foot would be sliding back and forth in the boot.

Last edited:

ClassAct

Reaction score

took me a year to break mine in, wearing them 5 days a week for a month, then reduced it to 2, as i couldn't handle it anymore.

fit like a glove now.

I just noticed this post, I wonder if the break in will accommodate the width of my foot?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just noticed this post, I wonder if the break in will accommodate the width of my foot?

I have had mine for a week now and had the same issue with mine. It is getting better and they are getting more comfortable. I think you just have to break them in.

ClassAct

Reaction score
Ah cool. Just to clarify, the model is 1907. Made a typo before.

How are you finding them? They are chunkier than I expected. The leather is very different - not sure what kind of conditioner I could use on it.

cj10

Reaction score
I have a red wing 2935 and i would like to make it shinier(it is matte black currently out of d box) ihave a rw black boot cream. Can someone teach me how to apply it

ShaneB

Reaction score
If it takes you a 'year' to 'break' in a pair of shoes then clearly they're too small for you. It shouldn't take a year to break a £160 pair of shoes.

Buy a little too big than too small.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah cool. Just to clarify, the model is 1907. Made a typo before.

How are you finding them? They are chunkier than I expected. The leather is very different - not sure what kind of conditioner I could use on it.

Yea I figured you meant the 1907's.

Its funny I used to always hate the moc boots because I thought they looked to chunky but over the past year the more I saw them and after trying them on I became a fan. I mean it takes some getting used to as I am used to my Beckmans but I am enjoying them just as much if not more. As fare as caring for them I havent bought any product but this should help you choose the right stuff. http://www.redwingheritage.com/care

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well it's getting squashed from the side not the front of the boot. If the length was any more then my foot would be sliding back and forth in the boot.

I'd go TTS on them. That's what I did after the half size smaller was also squishing my toes...

ClassAct

Reaction score
You know, it's been 3 days and they've actually gotten more comfortable. I can imagine them getting nicer in a couple months.
I like to have a snug fit and am not a fan of heel slip, so this is probably the size for me.

ShaneB

Reaction score

You know, it's been 3 days and they've actually gotten more comfortable. I can imagine them getting nicer in a couple months.
I like to have a snug fit and am not a fan of heel slip, so this is probably the size for me.

The heal only usually slips for the first week or so as they're breaking in - a bit of heel slip, intitially, is normal.

Last edited:

Daddyhammy21

Reaction score
This is my 1 month old 875 oro legacy heritage boots. They don't come with the Red Wing logo at the sides but I love em coz they're heritage leather & style....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics